Internet Problems

MLG Doge

Hello guys/gals, 

As I write to you guys from my laptop (my rig is acting up) This is my first post here in a while as this forum popped into my mind after i thought i had exhausted all options.

So, my ISP is BT (I'm UK) and in my house we have a router (The BTHUB3) and Wifi extenders on the top floor of our three storey house.

Over the past months i have been unable to connect to the main router on my main rig but can connect fine on my mobile and laptop...

I have just been getting on with life by using the wifi extenders but now those are being extremely dodgy and i get the "Limited Network connection" triangle next to signal strength a lot.

Basically i need help in sorting out my life so i can game uninterrupted.

Things to note:

- I did for a while have two copies of my router name in my WiFi networks for a while (only on my rig) displaying as Routername and Routername 2, Both of which i couldnt connect to at all.

- I cannot get wired internet to my room as the only socket apart from plugs is a landline socket.

- I am situated on the middle floor of my house 

- My internet had worked pretty well for maybe a year+ until for some reason it decided to stahp

Things i have done 

- Uninstalled and updated Adapter drivers,

- Moved Adapter to new PCI slot

- Reset/restarted router and actual modem

TL:DR

Cant connect to internet reliably on main rig, Cant connect to main router at all on rig but other devices can.

I will provide any other info if required.

PLS HALP

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Bump

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Check out powerline adapters, should work pretty well if you house was built in the past 40 years or so.

Also.. it's been 18 minutes. You shouldn't be bumping any more often than once every 12 hours--but I'm pretty sure the rule is every 24 hours.

9 minutes ago, Jade said:

Check out powerline adapters, should work pretty well if you house was built in the past 40 years or so.

Also.. it's been 18 minutes. You shouldn't be bumping any more often than once every 12 hours--but I'm pretty sure the rule is every 24 hours.

I tried power line adaptors. It worked amazingly until someone turned on the washing machine...

That's an F in the profile pic