Mass Effect Andromeda extremely choppy

InfamousWolf

I just built a new pc and downloaded the new ME:A and started to play...only I could because just getting to the start screen was a hassle as it was extremely choppy and I could tell just unplayable. I was wondering if there is something up with my pants or if there is a setting I could improve. My current build: 

Video card: MSI GAMING Radeon RX 480 GDDR5 4GB CrossFire VR Ready FinFET DirectX 12 Graphics Card (RX 480 GAMING X 4G)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-8GVRB

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350M-A/CSM AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 USB 3.1 mATX B350 Motherboard

Power supply: evga 500b 

samsung ssd 250 gb 

How could I improve my fps and make it smoother running? 

Also, I went into my BIOS when I got it to run and changed the setting on my ram. The MHz on the board didn't quite match with the MHz on the ram so I selected the speed that was closest to the one on the ram. Is that the right choice or should I go with the one that's higher? 

When you run the game check if your CPU is running 100% load almost 85% of the time. If so, please reply.

run at lower settings?

sometimes the game will limit the titlescreen to ~30fps or lower to make it a tiny bit less demanding on your gpu

you dont want it to run 100% full tilt while displaying windows to make sure its 9001fps right? 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

You will likely have to lower your settings.  You have only 4gb of VRAM on that mid range card and even the 1080TI is taken to it's knees by ME.A in 4k results.  ME.A is pretty resource intensive on the highest settings.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

Menus are always choppy. I get 130FPS+ In OW and when Im one the title screen I can have issues

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

37 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Menus are always choppy. I get 130FPS+ In OW and when Im one the title screen I can have issues

I mean REALLY choppy, like when I try to use the controller to scroll down, you hear the sound it makes but it takes about 3 seconds to store it on screen

8 hours ago, InfamousWolf said:

I just built a new pc and downloaded the new ME:A and started to play...only I could because just getting to the start screen was a hassle as it was extremely choppy and I could tell just unplayable. I was wondering if there is something up with my pants or if there is a setting I could improve. My current build: 

Video card: MSI GAMING Radeon RX 480 GDDR5 4GB CrossFire VR Ready FinFET DirectX 12 Graphics Card (RX 480 GAMING X 4G)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-8GVRB

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350M-A/CSM AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 USB 3.1 mATX B350 Motherboard

Power supply: evga 500b 

samsung ssd 250 gb 

How could I improve my fps and make it smoother running? 

Also, I went into my BIOS when I got it to run and changed the setting on my ram. The MHz on the board didn't quite match with the MHz on the ram so I selected the speed that was closest to the one on the ram. Is that the right choice or should I go with the one that's higher? 

Andromeda is such a shitty game. Its so poorly optimized its like they didnt even try. I have a 480 as well and a 6400 and i get the same thing. I recommend lowering the bit filter thing (i cant remember the name lol) to the lowest setting. it helps and has no visual effect. 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200