Input Not supported on my VGA monitor becasue i am using an HDMI to VGA connector

I have recently bought a GTX 1050 and i thought maybe i could use it on my VGA display monitor. However every time a open a game, a black screen appears along with a pop up saying Input Not Supported. My Monitors native resolution is 1366x768. My desktop runs absolutely fine. How do i set my maximum resolution as my native resolution. Since i am using an HDMI to VGA connector, it automatically optimizes my games to 1080p. GeForce Experience can only support a few games. I want a permanent solution to this problem. Anyone please any suggestions?

Please don't make all the text giant.  It's completely unnecessary.  I thought there was something wrong with my font settings at first.

Open the Start menu and type "display".  There should be a "Change display settings" option.  Click on it and tell me what your resolution is set to.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, Anish Saxena said:

Its 1366×768

Go into your Geforece Experience settings, then under "Games" uncheck "Automatically optimize newly added games".  It has a habit of increasing the resolution past your default one and expecting Windows to downscale it.  Let me know if that fixes it.

Btw, I probably won't notice your reply unless you quote or tag me.  I only saw it this time because I had the tab open.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 3:05 AM, JoostinOnline said:

Go into your Geforece Experience settings, then under "Games" uncheck "Automatically optimize newly added games".  It has a habit of increasing the resolution past your default one and expecting Windows to downscale it.  Let me know if that fixes it.

Btw, I probably won't notice your reply unless you quote or tag me.  I only saw it this time because I had the tab open.

I have the exact same problem that @Anish Saxena had but with a 1050 ti. But what I dont understand is why it says input not supported while clearly displaying everything correctly, I mean I can play if I try to ignore this annoying message. And the other question that I have is if I use a displayport to vga adapter will I have the same issue?59236b96be4b4_IMG_20170511_1654558131.thumb.jpg.1d47627b099b474b37eff1657e80da93.jpg

4 minutes ago, zedsdeath said:

I have the exact same problem that @Anish Saxena had but with a 1050 ti. But what I dont understand is why it says input not supported while clearly displaying everything correctly, I mean I can play if I try to ignore this annoying message. And the other question that I have is if I use a displayport to vga adapter will I have the same issue?59236b96be4b4_IMG_20170511_1654558131.thumb.jpg.1d47627b099b474b37eff1657e80da93.jpg

What resolution are you running at?

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

What resolution are you running at?

in the picture 1920x1080

right now the native 1366x768 

well I guess thats it..I was confused because I thought that if doesnt support the resolution the screen would be completely black 

Just now, zedsdeath said:

no...

Well you shouldn't be running at over your native resolution.  It's just going to downscale it and you'll be back where you started, except with a performance hit.

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Well you shouldn't be running at over your native resolution.  It's just going to downscale it and you'll be back where you started, except with a performance hit.

Ok I see :/ thanks a lot!!

• 3 years later...

same problem with my RX570 and my monitor is 1600x900