Steam offline mode stopped working after power outage

Go to solution Solved by TankError144,
1 hour ago, JeJaRaLa said:

look like the cache or whatever file use  to store that data was erased or corrupted

as above say try loging again so you can play again offline , if you dont have internet service on your home try using one smartphone as a modem just to login

or try reinstaling  steam

I failed to mention my phone won't let me tether ? thanks for the help though guys! I'll just rum my behemoth over to my bros place and re log in.

So I've been out of internet on my PC for about 2 months now and as long as I can remember I've usually played games in offline mode. The issue that I am facing now is that while I was playing yesterday we had a sudden power outage, then after the power was restored steam wouldn't let me play offline. It would only ask to sign in, then say "cannot connect to the servers" which obviously duh, I haven't been online for months now. Any help would be great aside from suggesting a pirated api or something. Things I've tried so far are making a "steam.cfg" file with

"BootStrapperInhibitAll=enable

ForceOfflineMode=enable"

Setting the time back to see if it was some type of DRM time out 

And changing the "login users.vdf" script to "Wantsofflinemode' '0"

Honestly I'm at the end of my wits here.

1 hour ago, TankError144 said:

So I've been out of internet on my PC for about 2 months now and as long as I can remember I've usually played games in offline mode. The issue that I am facing now is that while I was playing yesterday we had a sudden power outage, then after the power was restored steam wouldn't let me play offline. It would only ask to sign in, then say "cannot connect to the servers" which obviously duh, I haven't been online for months now. Any help would be great aside from suggesting a pirated api or something. Things I've tried so far are making a "steam.cfg" file with

"BootStrapperInhibitAll=enable

ForceOfflineMode=enable"

Setting the time back to see if it was some type of DRM time out 

And changing the "login users.vdf" script to "Wantsofflinemode' '0"

Honestly I'm at the end of my wits here.

look like the cache or whatever file use  to store that data was erased or corrupted

1 hour ago, Alaradia said:

connect it to the internet login set it to offline mode then disconnect it

as above say try loging again so you can play again offline , if you dont have internet service on your home try using one smartphone as a modem just to login

1 hour ago, JeJaRaLa said:

I failed to mention my phone won't let me tether ? thanks for the help though guys! I'll just rum my behemoth over to my bros place and re log in.