Help: Can't get Linux to connect to Home Network

HDmaniac

First post! Hi all!

Okay so I'll explain the setup and then the problem:

I have a laptop in my living room with Kodibuntu installed and have it wired into the router for internet, and that works fine. I also have a Gigabit - USB 3.0 device to also connect the laptop to my computer, a Windows 10 machine, in my room to share movies. When I try this with 2 Windows (10) PC's it seems to work fine, set the IP address of PC 1 to 192.168.1.50, set PC 2 to 192.168.1.51, share the folder and bam! It's there!

However this is not the case with Kodibuntu (PC 2), I set the IP address' the same on each respective PC and share the folder from the server PC, however it doesn't show up at all on Kodibuntu. I tried pinging from PC 1 and it failed saying "IP 192.168.1.50 destination host unreachable". I'm just really confused because it works when I use my other Windows (10) PC as a client but not on Linux. I do believe I've set things up right on Linux (Network configuration>Edit eth1>IPv4>add IP address and submask.)

Any help would be much appreciated, I feel like it's really simple and I'm missing something staring me in the face.

Thank you in advance.