How can I have sidetone with in ear headphones and a standalone mic?

I need a mic to talk to friends when I am playing games, but I hate using over the ear headsets; for me, they are uncomfortable, they give me a headache, and they hurt my ears after a while. My problem is that over the ear headsets are the only way I know of to have a sidetone, I cannot use a headset without a sidetone. I would much rather use my earbuds/in-ear headphones.

My question is what do I need to be able to use in-ear headphones and still have a sidetone so I can hear myself? I tried to figure it out myself but I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing. I don't really want to spend a lot on this, whatever is cheapest will be good enough for me.

Try this, It may or may not work, but I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't.

When they say, "Click the headset you would like to test" I think, in your case, you'd select your stand alone mic. When you apply the changes, it should pipe whatever your mic picks up into your earbuds.

DELETE! DELETE!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Silence will fall.

PSU Tier List - I keep forgetting where this is so I'm going to leave it here.

5 minutes ago, Macimoar said:

Try this, It may or may not work, but I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't.

When they say, "Click the headset you would like to test" I think, in your case, you'd select your stand alone mic. When you apply the changes, it should pipe whatever your mic picks up into your earbuds.

The Windows sidetone has a delay and I have not been able to get rid of it. I tried some drivers that were supposed to get rid of the delay, but from what I understand it is not possible for me to get a 0 latency sidetone using Windows alone. I think I need hardware besides just a mic, so here I am.

What kind of microphone do you have? I know the Blue Yeti microphone has a 3.5mm port for mic monitoring, and from what I've heard there's not any latency. Maybe your mic has one too?

DELETE! DELETE!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Silence will fall.

PSU Tier List - I keep forgetting where this is so I'm going to leave it here.

1 minute ago, Macimoar said:

What kind of microphone do you have? I know the Blue Yeti microphone has a 3.5mm port for mic monitoring, and from what I've heard there's not any latency. Maybe your mic has one too?

I am just using a logitech headset right now since it is all I have, but I don't like it. The Yeti mic monitoring is most promising thing I have seen so far, but I was hoping to avoid spending that much money. I will if I have to, but I feel like there has to be a cheaper way. Thank you for that suggestion :)