Pc booting issue

Sattious
Go to solution Solved by Sattious,
14 hours ago, R3ep3r said:

Try to deattach the ram from the mobo and place it again into its slot. It looks like the device check can't pass some component and I suppose it is the ram.

that did the trick, i kept it in the same slot when i tested the ram, i moved it over 1 module and booting successfully. although i needed to reset the bios its all good now.

hello, so i have a mind boggling issue with my pc.

When i turn it on i get the logos for the graphics card then it gets to the initial black screen with writing on it then nothing.

there is no beep from the motherboard. it sits on the display of the sata drive then it has the flashing cursor. (i have an image for it on where it stops loading and just sits)

when i take the ram out it gets a ram error code. i dont think its the motherboard but im at a complete loss on what to do.

i have also replaced the button battery but i get the same thing.

this is the specs for my pc.

-ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 Motherboard
-AMD FX-4300 4 Core Black Edition Processor
-G.Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
-EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Superclocked 1GB
-Corsair VS650 ATX Power Supply
-Seagate Barracuda 500GB ST500DM002
-Samsung SH-224DB 24x DVDRW OEM

IMG_20170503_070142.jpg

Edited by Sattious

yea i have an os on the hard drive i have, and no i dont have it on a usb. what can i try to attempt to make it boot.

i cant access the bios aswell, when i press F1 or del on startup i hear a little tickeing coming from the motherboard. i just noticed that

Edited by Sattious

could be a faulty hdd. does it go beyond that screen if you try after disconnecting the hdd?

1 hour ago, vaiwalker said:

could be a faulty hdd. does it go beyond that screen if you try after disconnecting the hdd?

no, when i disconnect the hdd and the disk drive it wont go past that screen, when i press F1 ESC or F6 to go to boot setting, bios or flash start respectively nothing happens. the motherboard screen flashes then it goes to that screen.

i had disconnected almost everything besides a ram chip the cpu&cooler and psu and still no boot beep.

when i add the video card after that and swap a ram chip t gets to the same point of display.

im a bit puzzled on why i cannot get to the bios. i think the motherboard could be fried but i have no idea.

what do you think?

Edited by Sattious
added content

8 hours ago, Sattious said:

Try to deattach the ram from the mobo and place it again into its slot. It looks like the device check can't pass some component and I suppose it is the ram.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

14 hours ago, R3ep3r said:

that did the trick, i kept it in the same slot when i tested the ram, i moved it over 1 module and booting successfully. although i needed to reset the bios its all good now.