BIG NEWS | VEGA LEAKS

Oh my god. If these leaks are real, i'm going to get one on these instantly. I saw this video and clicked on it, thinking that it would be about as powerful as the 1080.

I was wrong. If these leaks are true, we're going to have some damn powerful cards in the near future.

Amd has fired back.

Props to RedGamingTech for giving us the video.

wrong subsection

not official

also 'red gaming tech'... hmm ..

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 minutes ago, openthatchest said:

Oh my god. If these leaks are real, i'm going to get one on these instantly. I saw this video and clicked on it, thinking that it would be about as powerful as the 1080.

I was wrong. If these leaks are true, we're going to have some damn powerful cards in the near future.

Amd has fired back.

This doesn't tell much :S

I've seen it before and nothin to conclude but that the VEGA might be a surprising good GPU.

I expect it to be close to the 1080 ti  but lot less costy $$$

Just now, smokefest said:

This doesn't tell much :S

I've seen it before and nothin to conclude but that the VEGA might be a surprising good GPU.

I expect it to be close to the 1080 ti  but lot less costy $$$

It says unlimited power draw at some point.

1 minute ago, openthatchest said:

It says unlimited power draw at some point.

Yea AMD are good at hyping their product.

We'll see with the real performances.

Let's sing the "wait for real benchmarks song"!
It's like how you never trust gameplay videos on youtube and wait until the game is actually out to see what it's like.
Unless it's CoD. Everyone (maybe not everyone) knows what CoD is like because it's pretty consistent in what you get.

I make bad life decisions.

Close to 12.5 teraflops for AMD doesn't seems that impressive. IIRC the Fury X was 8.6 teraflops and it only matched the 980ti at 5.6 meaning this card will only match and sometimes loose to the 1080 leaving the 1080ti alone on a league of it's own.

Here is an article to the alleged leak

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/linux_drm_driver_update_reveals_vega_specifications/1

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Close to 12.5 teraflops for AMD doesn't seems that impressive. IIRC the Fury X was 8.6 teraflops and it only matched the 980ti at 5.6 meaning this card will only match and sometimes loose to the 1080 leaving the 1080ti alone on a league of it's own.

Here is an article to the alleged leak

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/linux_drm_driver_update_reveals_vega_specifications/1

I believe amd said vega will have significantly increased ipc. Comparing Fiji tflops to vega tflops probably won't work

5 minutes ago, Cartoons Plural said:

I believe amd said vega will have significantly increased ipc. Comparing Fiji tflops to vega tflops probably won't work

I'm betting it won't. We'll see.

-------

Current Rig

-------

12 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I'm betting it won't. We'll see.

You'd have to think it would have some. Otherwise why not just die shrink Fiji?

One thing that interests me and gives me a bit of salt as to whether or not this is the flagship GPU:

The Instinct Vega card has been said to have 12.5 TFLOPs. This thing has 4096 cores. Some quick math shows us that that means Vega would be clocked at around 1.525 ghz, which is pretty high considering how high Polaris clocks...

I'd be more inclined to say this is a cut down flagship GPU, with the full one featuring more like 4608 (double the 580/480), pegging clock speeds at a much more reasonable 1.35 ghz.

Just my thoughts.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb