Old PC Windows 10 No Magic Packet Driver Option

sotiris.bos

Hello there networking gods! I have an ancient PC from 2009 that I want to wake on LAN but there is no Magic Packet option under the LAN driver. The driver is the Microsoft Windows 10, there is no Intel driver that is supported under Windows 10. I tried installing the Windows 7 x64 driver but to no avail. The motherboard is the Intel DP55WB, the onboard nic is the Intel 82578DC. I have enabled Wake On Lan in the BIOS, set up no-ip DDNS, opened port 9 on the router, configured static IP on the PC and tried to wake both with Wake On Lan android app and TeamViewer. Do I have to buy a PCI-E nic to make it work? Thank you.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

For teamviewer to use wake on lan, you need anouther pc on the network. You really don't want to open up wake on lan through the router.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

For teamviewer to use wake on lan, you need anouther pc on the network. You really don't want to open up wake on lan through the router.

You can do it from another location provided that you have DDNS. Why would I not want to open a port on the router to wake up the computer?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

11 minutes ago, sotiris.bos said:

You can do it from another location provided that you have DDNS. Why would I not want to open a port on the router to wake up the computer?

Security is why you don't want to open ports. For the wan wake on lan that's for team viewer not wol

23 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Security is why you don't want to open ports. For the wan wake on lan that's for team viewer not wol

Thank you but I don't really need advice on security, I just want WOL to work.

Spoiler