Is the LG 27UD88 a good compliment to a 2016 Razer Blade?

I'm looking at the LG 27UD88 to use in a workstation configuration. I have a 2016 Razer Blade. I was wondering if anyone has tried this pairing before? I'm curious if the 60w charging over the USB C port is sufficient enough to at least power the system, for reference the charger it shipped with is 150w. My goal is to have a single cable solution workstation. Any other suggestions or monitor recommendations would be very much appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Datamonkey said:

I'm looking at the LG 27UD88 to use in a workstation configuration. I have a 2016 Razer Blade. I was wondering if anyone has tried this pairing before? I'm curious if the 60w charging over the USB C port is sufficient enough to at least power the system, for reference the charger it shipped with is 150w. My goal is to have a single cable solution workstation. Any other suggestions or monitor recommendations would be very much appreciated.

yikes thats tough. 

your laptop has hardware that requires a lot of power. 

the 60w USB-c ports are better suited for ultrabook and ULV processors

perhaps on idle or very low usage you might be able to charge your laptop 
Ex. chrome, ms office 

but if youre planning on rendering or gaming with a single cable it wont do you any good

Photography / Finance / Gaming

2 minutes ago, mok said:

yikes thats tough. 

your laptop has hardware that requires a lot of power. 

the 60w USB-c ports are better suited for ultrabook and ULV processors

perhaps on idle or very low usage you might be able to charge your laptop 
Ex. chrome, ms office 

but if youre planning on rendering or gaming with a single cable it wont do you any good

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

It would be mostly light load stuff like Chrome and I'm hoping if the laptop screen isn't being powered, the USB-c port could at least mitigate the battery drain.

So far this monitor is the best one cable solution I've run across, and worst case I could make it a two cable compromise if I don't find an alternative.

i understand thunderbolt3 is supposedly designed for 100w

Consider looking for external docking station that support thunderbolt 3 USB-C

if there is a dock out there that can deliver 100w over a single cable + data throughput for monitors and peripherals, you might have a better chance at actually keeping your laptop charged with a single cable (assuming your GPU and CPU arent running at 100% together)

a two cable solution is still impressive 

Photography / Finance / Gaming