600W EVGA PSU

Patti
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,
Just now, Patti said:

its this one EVGA - 80 PLUS 600W ATX 12V/EPS 12V Power Supply - Black

Yeah, not a great unit. It'll power a 960 since that uses so little power but I would replace it when the warranty runs out.

hey there, just a quick question. I will be upgrading to the ryzen 1600 in the very near future and currently i have a fx 6300 and a gtx 960 with a 600W EVGA psu. That psu will be plenty fine correct? Im at work and really dont have the time to go googling the correct answer. Thanks

Just now, Patti said:

hey there, just a quick question. I will be upgrading to the ryzen 1600 in the very near future and currently i have a fx 6300 and a gtx 960 with a 600W EVGA psu. That psu will be plenty fine correct? Im at work and really dont have the time to go googling the correct answer. Thanks

600W is fine but what 600W is it? If it's a 600B then you'll be fine with the GTX 960 but I'd upgrade from the EVGA White series if that's what you have since it's just not a very good unit.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

600W is fine but what 600W is it? If it's a 600B then you'll be fine with the GTX 960 but I'd upgrade from the EVGA White series if that's what you have since it's just not a very good unit.

but yes, when i upgrade to a 1060 6gb next i plan on getting a better psu

Just now, Patti said:

Yeah, not a great unit. It'll power a 960 since that uses so little power but I would replace it when the warranty runs out.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

will do, appreciate it