Best headphones for travel on a budget

IAR117

AKG K92, Porta Pros, MDR 10rc, M20X- which one. All I want are non sibilant highs and clear mids, don't care much for bass. Also a little isolation, good build quality and if it didn't leak too much sound would be a nice addition. Thanks

• Budget?
  • Location?
  • Do you have to have over-ear headphones? I'd actually recommend in-ears for travel and everything but home use.

Just now, Aereldor said:
  • Budget?
  • Location?
  • Do you have to have over-ear headphones? I'd actually recommend in-ears for travel and everything but home use.

Budget under 40 pounds

UK

Don't have to, but I just find headphones to be more comfortable and durable than IEMs. Although if said IEM is alot better, then I could consider it.

4 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Budget under 40 pounds

UK

Don't have to, but I just find headphones to be more comfortable and durable than IEMs. Although if said IEM is alot better, then I could consider it.

IEMs can be incredibly durable. I don't think there's any real contest for the Shure SE112 earphones at your price range. They sound better than most headphones twice their price, are incredibly comfortable (I've worn them for up to 16 hours without any pain), cancel noise incredibly effectively just acoustically from how well the ear-tips are designed, and they can take a hell of a beating. 

Just now, Aereldor said:

IEMs can be incredibly durable. I don't think there's any real contest for the Shure SE112 earphones at your price range. They sound better than most headphones twice their price, are incredibly comfortable (I've worn them for up to 16 hours without any pain), cancel noise incredibly effectively just acoustically from how well the ear-tips are designed, and they can take a hell of a beating. 

Thanks for the in depth answer. Would you say that it is better than the Soundmagic E10C?

8 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Thanks for the in depth answer. Would you say that it is better than the Soundmagic E10C?

I haven't tried those, but the consensus appears to be that they do. They're favoured among musicians for their neutral sound signature, which is very rare for IEMs. They sound surprisingly close to their $100 SE215 earphones, which makes me wonder why they'd shoot themselves in the foot by offering comparable sound quality at less than halfthe price.

@SSL- Do you know how they stack up against the aforementioned Soundmagic earphones?

Just now, Aereldor said:

I haven't tried those, but the consensus appears to be that they do. They're favoured among musicians for their neutral sound signature, which is very rare for IEMs. They sound surprisingly close to their $100 SE215 earphones, which makes me wonder why they'd shoot themselves in the foot by offering comparable sound quality at less than halfthe price.

@SSL- Do you know how they stack up against the aforementioned Soundmagic earphones?

I'm going to prob sound very dumb here but are those comments about the SE112s? Also would I be able to easily power them with my phone? It's a Moto G4

4 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

I'm going to prob sound very dumb here but are those comments about the SE112s? Also would I be able to easily power them with my phone? It's a Moto G4

Yeah, those are all comments about the SE112s. 

It's enough power for sure. You don't need a DAC until you're going seriously high-end. The Moto G4's built in amp is also fine in terms of sound quality, so I wouldn't worry.