Slight shock when touching PC Power button. System works fine. Should I be worried?

Today, I turned on my PC and felt a slight shock/vibration when I touched the power button. It turned on normally (with no visible signs of slowdown so far) and I'm using it to type in this post. I did a Google search on similar situations and reports of dead systems really had me worried that I might have harmed my new build even if it is working fine now. Should I be worried? Thanks in advance! 

Just now, Fourple said:

Today, I turned on my PC and felt a slight shock/vibration when I touched the power button. It turned on normally (with no visible signs of slowdown so far) and I'm using it to type in this post. I did a Google search on similar situations and reports of dead systems really had me worried that I might have harmed my new build even if it is working fine now. Should I be worried? Thanks in advance! 

Is your socket your plugged into grounded, if not that would most likely be the cause. It would be of some worry if that is the case as it's more of a safety matter where it can build up to a dangerous electrical charge. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Is your socket your plugged into grounded, if not that would most likely be the cause. It would be of some worry if that is the case as it's more of a safety matter where it can build up to a dangerous electrical charge. 

Thanks for your response! It's connected to a protected extension cord. :) 

11 minutes ago, Fourple said:

Thanks for your response! It's connected to a protected extension cord. :) 

You should be good then as long as the wall is properly grounded, a good way to check would be with an outlet tester. Other than potentially just gather static from carpeted floors or seating if it's not a constant occurance it wouldn't be of a big worry. 

https://www.amazon.com/Sperry-Instruments-GFI6302-Receptacle-Professional/dp/B000RUL2UU/ref=pd_sim_60_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000RUL2UU&pd_rd_r=NJ4CYW71Q3THT1AMTP7Q&pd_rd_w=iISsS&pd_rd_wg=hwqhm&psc=1&refRID=NJ4CYW71Q3THT1AMTP7Q

28 minutes ago, W-L said:

You should be good then as long as the wall is properly grounded, a good way to check would be with an outlet tester. Other than potentially just gather static from carpeted floors or seating if it's not a constant occurance it wouldn't be of a big worry. 

https://www.amazon.com/Sperry-Instruments-GFI6302-Receptacle-Professional/dp/B000RUL2UU/ref=pd_sim_60_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000RUL2UU&pd_rd_r=NJ4CYW71Q3THT1AMTP7Q&pd_rd_w=iISsS&pd_rd_wg=hwqhm&psc=1&refRID=NJ4CYW71Q3THT1AMTP7Q

Thank you! I'll have someone look at the outlet. :) I hope it doesn't happen again. I don't want my new build or my wallet to suffer. :((