First Water Cooling Build Help?

Hey, this is my first post on the LTT forums (and forums in general) so I hope I am posting this in the right section. I built my first rig last summer and I loved it. I've been wanting to liquid cool my rig for a while now but have always been a little frightened by it (I opted for an h100 for my build in the beginning). I finally have the money and the nerve to try it. I'm planning on cooling my cpu and gpu in a single loop with one rather thick (XSPC RX) 360 rad (is that enough rad?) I'm really excited to do it and I am just wondering if you guys have any tips, suggestions, or part recommendations/experience with certain parts, and thoughts in general about it.Remember I am a complete WC noob so don't be too hard please.

Here are my current PC specs

-Rampage iv Extreme

-EVGA Superclocked Signature+ with backplate GTX 680 (this one: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-2685-KR

-Corsair AX850

-Corsair Vengeance 16gb ddr3 1600mhz cl9 (planning to upgrade ram possibly to platinums)

-Corsair H100

-Asus Xonar Essence STX

-Corsair 800D

-Gelid wings fans UV Blue

- Phobya UV flexlights

Here are the water cooling parts I am thinking of getting

-CPU block: XSPC Raystorm

-GPU Block: XSPC Razor Full Cover Water Block (new style) (I am unsure if this will fit with my 680, it is a reference board but I don't know if it will fit with the backplate. Thoughts?)

-Radiator: XSPC RX360

-Reservoir: FrozenQPCMods Fusion Dual Bay Blue Helix res

-Pump: Swiftech MCP355

-Pump mount to attach pump to res: FrozenQPCMods MCP355 pump mount

-Fittings: Bits power compression fittings Silver (straight, 45 degree, 90 degree G1/4 to 1/2 ID)

-Tubing Primochill Primoflex Advanced LRT Brilliant UV blue (1/2 ID 3/4 OD)

I am wanting to keep the Pump and Res together because I don't really want to be able to see the pump in my build. If anyone has any thoughts on this that would be appreciated.

I am hoping to build one of those PCs that make you go wow so I really want to do this well and do this right. I'm going for a UV blue look (Linus's rig inspired it) Hopefully if everything goes well I will post some pics of the finished project. Thanks for the help guys and thanks for reading this rather long winded post!

here is the loop config I am thinking of using

post-7871-13667862145202_thumb.jpg

post-7871-13667862145202_thumb.jpg

360 rad would be the minimum for that gear, so make sure you get good fans. Add more rad if you can....

Read the two stickies in the water cooling section - they have lots of good info.

Check http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/ which will give you an idea on what full blocks are available.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thanks for the input. A couple things have changed in the build. I am going to add a swiftech 140 rad into the loop and I am also switching from the Frozenqpcmods reservoir and swiftech mcp355 pump to the XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir V4 (this one: http://www.xs-pc.com/products/pumps/x2o-750-dual-bayrespump-black-v4/ ) for budget reasons. I hope that the pump is okay in this reservoir.

I do have a bit of a stupid question... When you jump your power supply with a paper clip to bleed the system, if you touch the paper clip when the psu is on, will it electrocute you? Is it safe to jump the power supply with a paper clip?

I also read both stickies and I think I can do it.... I am just a little nervous

That res/pump is an excellent budget solution - the v4 is excellent quality. Will do you well.

Jumping the PSU - a paperclip is fine. Just leave some rubber in the middle to grip it - from what I have read, you cannot be electrocuted if you touch the clip - but, depending on WHAT you power, that could electrocute you. In this case, since it is your pump, not much worry....

Just take your time, and if you have questions, check the stickies and ask away.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thanks for all the help! I am going to order the parts today. I am so stoked to get this started

I might be a little late, but if you're going for silence, you're probably going to be disappointed with that setup. I'd recommend no less than a 480mm rad namely due to your CPU. The 3930k chips tend to run hot in case you haven't noticed.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Thanks for your input! I only have my cpu clocked at 3.5 so the heat really isn't that crazy right now. I have very high pressure fans so they can run slowly and still move a ton of air through the rad.The 360 rad I bought has an average fpi I think but it is thick so more surface area and high pressure fans should do the trick. I also have my fans extremely under volted so they are next to dead silent right now. The loudest part of my rig ironically is the tiny PCH fan on the Rampage. I hate that thing. I don't want to disable it because I don't want my chipset to overheat. The PCH fan is currently running in the silent preset, however it isn't very quiet.

I am actually kind of worried about the vibration from the pump/res and the noise, because the 800d does have vibration issues.

Well doesn't sound bad overall with a few exceptions:

- Turn the rad around -> Less tube needed

- Perhaps add in a 240rad to make sure you gonna get great temps

- I'd personally recommend the D5 pump.

- Bayresses tend to break quickly, maybe look into a tube res or something similar ;)

- If you are not sure about the Backplate, contact the block manufacturer they usually will be able to tell you if it fits or not.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Thanks for your input! I only have my cpu clocked at 3.5 so the heat really isn't that crazy right now. I have very high pressure fans so they can run slowly and still move a ton of air through the rad.The 360 rad I bought has an average fpi I think but it is thick so more surface area and high pressure fans should do the trick. I also have my fans extremely under volted so they are next to dead silent right now. The loudest part of my rig ironically is the tiny PCH fan on the Rampage. I hate that thing. I don't want to disable it because I don't want my chipset to overheat. The PCH fan is currently running in the silent preset, however it isn't very quiet.

I am actually kind of worried about the vibration from the pump/res and the noise, because the 800d does have vibration issues.

Nothing some velcro or a rubber dampener can't fix. The stock mount for the MCP655 should come with a rubber dampener.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Thanks, ya I already checked a couple sites and it looks like the backplate should fit with the card and wb. I turned the rad around like you said and I did ad a 140 rad. I hope the bay res wasn't a bad idea. I chose it for budget reasons mainly