1050 ti or 1060?

Jessentis

I want a budget multi monitor setup for light gaming on medium settings and im not sure if the step up from a 1050ti to a 1060 is worth it for the money especially as im on a tight budget and i want to try and spend less than £200 ($260) on the gpu and i would very much appreciate any savings i can get and if the step up to a 1060 is worth it should i get the 3gb or the 6gb

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

rx580 8gb would be better, you can pick it up for less. 

i want a card that has a lower TDP though because my dad always complains about my computer apparently using to much electric and it would also help out with cooling because i want a fairly quiet computer and in the uk the rx 500 series is all more expensive than rrp be quiet a bit and the rx 580 8gb is about £250-300 and i dont want to spend that much

Just now, Jessentis YouTube said:

i want a card that has a lower TDP though because my dad always complains about my computer apparently using to much electric and it would also help out with cooling because i want a fairly quiet computer and in the uk the rx 500 series is all more expensive than rrp be quiet a bit and the rx 580 8gb is about £250-300 and i dont want to spend that much

if you are worried about TDP 1050ti will be better, for performance 1060 6gb would be good.

1 minute ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

dad always complains about my computer apparently using to much electric

computer spec? 

@Jessentis YouTube

580 8GB or 1060 6GB, do not get the 1050Ti its awful in its price range.

EDIT: I'd rather contribute to the electricity bill than downgrade to a 1050Ti. Btw as parents do your dad is probably largely exaggerating... My gf and I game on our PCs at the same time ALOT and our household bill is £36 a month.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if you are worried about TDP 1050ti will be better, for performance 1060 6gb would be good.

computer spec? 

msi 970a g43 plus, fx 6300 @4.6ghz, corsair vs450, 8gb ddr3 1600mhz and a quadro 600 because my last card died

1 minute ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

msi 970a g43 plus, fx 6300 @4.6ghz, corsair vs450, 8gb ddr3 1600mhz and a quadro 600 because my last card died

everything updated 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

everything updated 

everything updated?

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

drivers 

yes, by the way this forum is the one about gpus not gta haha

10 minutes ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

i want a card that has a lower TDP though because my dad always complains about my computer apparently using to much electric 

If you run your system under load for 4 hours every day of the year, you'd save like $5/year by going with a GTX 1060. The electric savings are pretty small. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

If you run your system under load for 4 hours every day of the year, you'd save like $5/year by going with a GTX 1060. The electric savings are pretty small. 

oh ok, what about the cooling though?

Just now, Jessentis YouTube said:

oh ok, what about the cooling though?

Also an irrelevant difference. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Also an irrelevant difference. 

okay, thanks

Let your parents know computers a much more power efficient now and that its something else running up the power bill in your house.