1080 or 1080ti

Just now, Sanctorum said:

lol it performs as good as the G1 Gaming GTX 1080 from those benchmarks, that's not "garbage tier". Of course there are variations with different coolers, but there's nothing wrong with Zotac cards.

I know what you mean but Im saying its cooling on the tier level is pretty bad nothing more nothing less for a 1080 is all 

13 minutes ago, Haeking said:

I know what you mean but Im saying its cooling on the tier level is pretty bad nothing more nothing less for a 1080 is all 

The Zotac is quieter under gaming load than the Asus according to Techpowerup review so it is swings and roundabouts.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_1080_Amp_Extreme/33.html

You also get a 5 year warranty when you register it. Not sure what Zotacs support is like, but it can't be any worse than Asus's shit warranty support.

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The Zotac is quieter under gaming load than the Asus according to Techpowerup review so it is swings and roundabouts.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_1080_Amp_Extreme/33.html

You also get a 5 year warranty when you register it. Not sure what Zotacs support is like, but it can't be any worse than Asus's shit warranty support.

Noise shouldn't  be such a big issue for me as I am already running a huge air conditioner along with fan I am pretty sure my ambient sound levels would be much higher than the cards. Though Zotacs warranty is definitely tempting and I haven't had any problems with my old Asus Strix to test their service.

Besides I doubt any of them would replace a burnt unit.

19 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3! (Or black edition if you want a more subtle design). I don't know that much about Zotac, but: 

hell yeah

2 hours ago, openthatchest said:

literally fucking everywhere

That literally makes no sense lmfao. Zotac cards are not "shit" or "garbage tier".

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

Where are you from? 1080's sell for arpund $540 and 1080ti's sell for around $750 in the US right now. If you budget can fit it, the 1080ti is the better buy if your looking for maxing out everything in 1440p.