- iobit malware fighter pro 1-year

- connectify hotspot max 

- auslogics file recovery 1-year, 3 pc's 

- winzip standard v.21, 3 pc's 

bonuses

- buy at least the first bundle for 10% off for humble monthly new subscribers

This caught my attention as well, and here's my 2 cents on each of the things

pay at least $1 for

- Smart Defrag pro 1-year how many people still use HDDs in a situation where being perfectly defragged (better than the stock Windows way) is really necessary?

- revo uninstaller v.3 license, 1 pc could be cool, assuming it works and assuming you're someone who tried out and removed a lot of software.  That doesn't describe me anymore but this could be genuinely good.

- easeus todo backup home v.10 license Great tool, but the free version will do everything almost anyone needs.  Check the differences before you buy since you might be one of them

pay more than average for

- advanced systemcare pro 1-year one of the many registry cleaners/settings optimizers/"those tools" out there.  How much of a difference do they really make?  Idk, but I seem to recall Microsoft themselves advising against the use of them due to concerns they might do more harm than good

- driver booster pro 1-year Could be handy, if you need a lot of drivers and if this tool actually finds them.  Personally I find everything works just fine by letting Windows install what it can, and then going to the manufacturer's site for the 1 or 2 things that didn't work.

- speedify VPN 1-year, 5 users It's a VPN. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pay $15 or more for 

- iobit malware fighter pro 1-year It's antivirus. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

- connectify hotspot max This too could be handy, depending.  It lets you create a wifi hotspot on any device that uses whatever other connection that device has (ethernet, mobile data, other wifi, etc.) and includes adblocking for client devices apparently.

- auslogics file recovery 1-year, 3 pc's good if you accidentally delete your files a lot, but there are free ways to do this.  Not sure how they stack up.

- winzip standard v.21, 3 pc's  It's WinZip ಠ_ಠ  Really?  You're going to buy that?  How much zipping do you do that this is necessary lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This caught my attention as well, and here's my 2 cents on each of the things

Also, use 7-zip over WinZIP anyday.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

The only thing that might be worth it is revo uninstaller for $1USD, I personally haven't used it what do people think of this program?

I bought this bundle earlier today and Revo is worth the 1 buck. It doesn't just uninstall the program, it finds and destroys every last Remanent of it on your disk. Forgot to mention, I paid above average because I wanted the VPN. Can still watch 1440p videos on the VPN, it has 17ping latency for me and unlimited usage for a year. For $6 that was worth it for me.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Orangeator said:

I bought this bundle earlier today and Revo is worth the 1 buck. It doesn't just uninstall the program, it finds and destroys every last Remanent of it on your disk

That's what they say but how can you be sure it works?  I know it won't happen but I'd love to see a video where Linus takes two identical cheap (HDD boot drive) computers with identical fresh installs and times a bunch of stuff, like boot time, login time, time to open chrome, etc. and then installs tons of garbage (but not viruses, just programs), and then times everything again.  Then, on one PC, uninstall them "normally", and time everything a third time, but on the other PC, use this or something like it to uninstall, and time it, and compare.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's what they say but how can you be sure it works?  I know it won't happen but I'd love to see a video where Linus takes two identical cheap (HDD boot drive) computers with identical fresh installs and times a bunch of stuff, like boot time, login time, time to open chrome, etc. and then installs tons of garbage (but not viruses, just programs), and then times everything again.  Then, on one PC, uninstall them "normally", and time everything a third time, but on the other PC, use this or something like it to uninstall, and time it, and compare.

Well you see the program just uses the program you are uninstalling uninstaller... After which it searches your entire PC, registry everything, and removes it as well. When I uninstalled Skype with normal uninstaller, Revo found 250 other registry's and folders and files afterwards that all had to do with nothing else but Skype. It for sure works. I just tested it today lol. But I would love to see a video on it.

Well you see the program just uses the program you are uninstalling uninstaller... After which it searches your entire PC, registry everything, and removes it as well. When I uninstalled Skype with normal uninstaller, Revo found 250 other registry's and folders and files afterwards that all had to do with nothing else but Skype. It for sure works. I just tested it today lol. But I would love to see a video on it.

Yeah I'd like to know how it knows what things belong to the program you're removing... *suspicious face*

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yeah I'd like to know how it knows what things belong to the program you're removing... *suspicious face*

I'd like to know that to, but you can view and select each and every item it finds. I checked and all of them had to do with Skype. It doesn't just use the basic windows search function either, it found things I wouldn't have been able to find. And even if it did, for $1 it's still worth it to have a one click complete uninstall button rather than having to do all that dirty work yourself haha.

I'd like to know that to, but you can view and select each and every item it finds. I checked and all of them had to do with Skype. It doesn't just use the basic windows search function either, it found things I wouldn't have been able to find. And even if it did, for $1 it's still worth it to have a one click complete uninstall button rather than having to do all that dirty work yourself haha.

My main concern would be a) that it misses things, reducing its usefulness, and/or b) deletes things it shouldn't, but it sounds like it worked well for you at least :)

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

My main concern would be a) that it misses things, reducing its usefulness, and/or b) deletes things it shouldn't, but it sounds like it worked well for you at least :)

A) Is probably a high possibility. B) This one scares me and is why I was double checking the things it found. Yeah it did work but in only one sample size and that's Skype... Skype is super popular and the program probably already knew what to search for to impress people as it tends to have a lot of extra crap all over the PC.

A) Is probably a high possibility. B) This one scares me and is why I was double checking the things it found. Yeah it did work but in only one sample size and that's Skype... Skype is super popular and the program probably already knew what to search for to impress people as it tends to have a lot of extra crap all over the PC.

So I decided to look this up (http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/utilities-software/revo-uninstaller-pro-review-3303467/) to try to get some insight.  If you're familiar with ThinApp, or Thinstall, their description of its functionality will sound very familiar.  In the case of ThinApp, you do a scan (of a fresh system, so best to use it in a VM with snapshot ability) before and after the install and configuration of some program, and by comparing them, you can identify everything that was changed, and capture it all, packaging it up into a portable version.  In the case of Revo Uninstaller, it sounds like it's doing this same thing, but instead of packaging the program, it's just keeping track of what was changed so it can remove it later.  So, in theory, it should be able to take out all of it - every file, registry key, etc.  Still, that's "in theory".  And, this raises an additional concern: obviously if some system process decides to kick up while you're installing something, those changes will be captured, and the software will try to remove or undo them if you uninstall it later.  This could obviously cause problems.  Now, I know you say you look through the list but you might not be able to recognize what should and shouldn't be in there, and even if you could, you might miss something and make a mistake.

23 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So I decided to look this up (http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/utilities-software/revo-uninstaller-pro-review-3303467/) to try to get some insight.  If you're familiar with ThinApp, or Thinstall, their description of its functionality will sound very familiar.  In the case of ThinApp, you do a scan (of a fresh system, so best to use it in a VM with snapshot ability) before and after the install and configuration of some program, and by comparing them, you can identify everything that was changed, and capture it all, packaging it up into a portable version.  In the case of Revo Uninstaller, it sounds like it's doing this same thing, but instead of packaging the program, it's just keeping track of what was changed so it can remove it later.  So, in theory, it should be able to take out all of it - every file, registry key, etc.  Still, that's "in theory".  And, this raises an additional concern: obviously if some system process decides to kick up while you're installing something, those changes will be captured, and the software will try to remove or undo them if you uninstall it later.  This could obviously cause problems.  Now, I know you say you look through the list but you might not be able to recognize what should and shouldn't be in there, and even if you could, you might miss something and make a mistake.

Well I just realized something... It creates a full registery backup and a full system restore point before uninstalling any program, that way if it messes up you can go right back to before you caused instabilities.

Well I just realized something... It creates a full registery backup and a full system restore point before uninstalling any program, that way if it messes up you can go right back to before you caused instabilities.

That's good I guess