Are ergonomic chairs worth it? If so recommend me some

ingoi
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

I got a chair at Staples that worked fine for me.

All I can say is yes, a chair that is comfortable with some ergonomic features is worth it, especially if you sit down in it for much of your day. You don't need to spend a small fortune, but don't get a cheapo $20 office chair with no arm rests and a poor excuse for a backrest.

If anything, about $150-200 USD will get you pretty far.

So I've been always been using random chairs when using my computer, most of the time my back doesn't even touch the back of the chair so I started to wonder if I should get a proper chair. Can you confirm if ergonomic/office chairs are worth it.

EDIT - So it seems buying a chair is worth it

I've been looking at this chair as it has lumbar support, if anyone has any better suggestions please tell me or what other traits I should be looking for when choosing a chair.

http://www.staples.ca/en/Staples-Turcotte-Luxura-High-Back-Executive-Chair-Black/product_934103_1-CA_1_20001

depends,

A) would you park your arse on the chair enough to justify it

B) can you afford a good one which you like

C) is what you can afford actually better than the cheaper ones, e.g. mines just a simple office chair, and it's perfectly fine for my needs, even though I spend too much time/not enough :P infront of my PC, mainly because I can't afford anything better

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

i had a €700 ergonomic chair, i have a €300 AKRACING chair now :P

ergonomic chairs are worth it if you can afford something *actually* good like for example herman miller, but if it comes down to garbage like spinalis, dont even freaking bother..

Depends on what you're talking about. If you mean something like those overhyped DXRacers, no. If you mean an actual ergonomic chair that'll benefit you because you actually need it, then yes. As for ergonomic chairs, I believe the Herman Miller Aeron is kind of the gold standard, but that's like the Ferrari of chairs so you might want something less expensive.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i had a €700 ergonomic chair, i have a €300 AKRACING chair now :P

ergonomic chairs are worth it if you can afford something *actually* good like for example herman miller, but if it comes down to garbage like spinalis, dont even freaking bother..

Isn't AKRACING a lot like DXRacer?

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

Isn't AKRACING a lot liek DXRacer?

for all i can see, it rolls off the same production line xD

2 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Depends on what you're talking about. If you mean something like those overhyped DXRacers, no. If you mean an actual ergonomic chair that'll benefit you because you actually need it, then yes. As for ergonomic chairs, I believe the Herman Miller Aeron is kind of the gold standard, but that's like the Ferrari of chairs so you might want something less expensive.

Those are a bit too pricey for my taste, I'm looking for one for around maybe 100-300 range if possible

Just now, manikyath said:

for all i can see, it rolls off the same production line xD

Haha :D But if so, why an AKRACING then? If they're pretty much the same as a DXRacer, why bother? From what I hear DXRacers are kind of overhyped, and are basically just bucket seats.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

3 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Haha :D But if so, why an AKRACING then? If they're pretty much the same as a DXRacer, why bother? From what I hear DXRacers are kind of overhyped, and are basically just bucket seats.

because AKRACING is cheaper than DXRacer around here, and are actually very comfortable to work in.

i'd describe them as a step between the $50 office chair that gets the job done, and a $1000+ herman miller for people who have the dough for something that doesnt suck.

EDIT: oh, and they are defenately overhyped, but so was ryzen, and ryzen isnt bad at all ;)

5 minutes ago, ingoi said:

Those are a bit too pricey for my taste, I'm looking for one for around maybe 100-300 range if possible

Exactly, you might wanna look at something less expensive. I don't know too much about ergonomic office chairs, seeing as I game in an overstuffed armchair ATM :D, but maybe you could get someone else to put in their two cents and give a recommendation. Perhaps @M. Yurizaki could help?

edit: For some reason, it won't let me tag Yurizaki. Help :(

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

because AKRACING is cheaper than DXRacer around here, and are actually very comfortable to work in.

i'd describe them as a step between the $50 office chair that gets the job done, and a $1000+ herman miller for people who have the dough for something that doesnt suck.

EDIT: oh, and they are defenately overhyped, but so was ryzen, and ryzen isnt bad at all ;)

Hm ok. I might have to check them out.

And I know overhyped =/= sucks, but i've always heard DXRacers are kind of garbage

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, NinJake said:

@M.Yurizaki see above post

Thank you :)

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Hm ok. I might have to check them out.

And I know overhyped =/= sucks, but i've always heard DXRacers are kind of garbage

they're defenately not the end of all other office chairs, but they (especially the cheaper ones) offer a very nice middle ground, and are actually some of the very few chairs to come with a head rest :P

Just now, manikyath said:

they're defenately not the end of all other office chairs, but they (especially the cheaper ones) offer a very nice middle ground, and are actually some of the very few chairs to come with a head rest :P

Damn ok. I guess they might not be that bad. I'll have to look into them.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

I got a chair at Staples that worked fine for me.

All I can say is yes, a chair that is comfortable with some ergonomic features is worth it, especially if you sit down in it for much of your day. You don't need to spend a small fortune, but don't get a cheapo $20 office chair with no arm rests and a poor excuse for a backrest.

If anything, about $150-200 USD will get you pretty far.

OP, if you want some of the executive-style office chairs, try a look at this: http://www.staples.com/Flash-Furniture-LeatherSoft-Leather-Computer-and-Desk-Office-Chair-Fixed-Arms-Black-GO937MBKLEA-/product_201047

I've used Flash Furniture products before and they make pretty good stuff

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540