looking to do a Liquid cooled pc new to it have a list of parts and layout

Go to solution Solved by circuit_Jack,

ok i found a problem with my pump / reservoir layout. The 3 hole cap that i was planing to install onto the reservoir is make for a different size tube as a replacement it was not well described on new newegg or  Alphacools web site tho i have a solution that will work as a replacement. i looked at a pump/reservoir combo from thermaltake. I got 1 that will fit between my hard drive cages and my gpu as it sticks out past the mobo. 

I am unsure if i will have room for one with a better flow output but i like to have a stronger flow in my loop. does any one know what the tube dimensions of the Reservoirs from thermaltake  

all of these have a top inlet and a fill port that i am looking for 

the 3 in mind i have are the flowing 

74.5 (L) x 62 (W) x 352.8 (H)

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Liquid_Cooler/Liquid_Cooler_/Pump_Reservoir/C_00002645/Pacific_PT60_S/design.htm

247 (L) x 81 (W) x 65.9 (H)

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Liquid_Cooler/Liquid_Cooler_/Pump_Reservoir/C_00002586/Pacific_PT40/Design.htm

This is the one i prefer but the 87.4 with is a concern i would like to know if the reservoir will fit between my gpu and hard drive bays with a space of 70mm ish (+-5 mm)

94.1 (L) x 87.4 (W) x 309.7 (H)

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Liquid_Cooler/Liquid_Cooler_/Pump_Reservoir/C_00002705/Pacific_PR22_D5/design.htm

main (1).jpg

main (2).jpg

main.jpg

Liquid cooling loop update.png

not sure how to ask about this thought i drop it here. I am looking into liquid cooling my desktop this summer and upgrade to a r5 1600x or a r7 1700x. I am using a corsair c70 case. thanks.

list of parts below in wish list on newegg

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=32051265

Reservoir >Pump>Radiator >CPU Block>Reservoir

-------------- CPU Block --------------

Alphacool NexXxoS XP³ Light - Plexi - Intel/AMD (12163)

Alphacool NexXxoS XP³ Bracket for AMD Zen S. AM4 (12546)

------------------ Pump -----------------

Alphacool VPP655 - G1/4 Inner Thread including Eisdecke D5 - Plexi V.3 (13192)

---------------- Reservoir -------------  (need away to fill top hole used for cpu block return)

Alphacool Eisbecher 150mm Reservoir - Acetal (15191)

---------------- Radiator --------------

Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper X-Flow 280mm Radiator (14242)

--------------- Tubing ------------------

Mayhems 3/8"-5/8" (10/16mm) Ultra Clear Tubing (MUCT38-58)

------------------- fittings ---------------

Alphacool G1/4 3/8"ID x 5/8"OD 45 Revolvable Compression Fitting - Chrome (17083) 2xcpu 1xRadiator

Alphacool G1/4 3/8"ID x 5/8"OD 90 Revolvable Compression Fitting - Chrome (17080) 1xpump 1xReservoir

Alphacool G1/4 Round TEE Connection Terminal - Chrome (17029) 1xpump

Alphacool Eiszapfen 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD G1/4" Compression Fitting - Chrome (17233) 1xpump 1xReservoir 1xRadiator 2xdrain

Alphacool Eiszapfen G1/4" Male to Female Extender Fitting - 10mm - Chrome (17255) 1xdrain

Alphacool Eiszapfen G1/4" Stop Plug - Chrome (17253) 1xdrain

Liquid cooling loop.png

12 minutes ago, circuit_Jack said:

not sure how to ask about this thought i drop it here. I am looking into liquid cooling my desktop this summer and upgrade to a r5 1600x or a r7 1700x. I am using a corsair c70 case. thanks.

---------------- Reservoir -------------  (need away to fill top hole used for cpu block return)

Alphacool G1/4 3/8"ID x 5/8"OD 45 Revolvable Compression Fitting - Chrome (17083) 2xcpu 1xRadiator

Alphacool G1/4 3/8"ID x 5/8"OD 90 Revolvable Compression Fitting - Chrome (17080) 1xpump 1xReservoir

Alphacool Eiszapfen 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD G1/4" Compression Fitting - Chrome (17233) 1xpump 1xReservoir 1xRadiator 2xdrain

Alphacool Eiszapfen G1/4" Male to Female Extender Fitting - 10mm - Chrome (17255) 1xdrain

Liquid cooling loop.png

That should work, I can't see a reason why not. ALways order a spare fitting though, I do as good luck, and a few times it cames in very handy. 

Yours faithfully

25 minutes ago, circuit_Jack said:

Liquid cooling loop.png

Just be aware that your plan might have to change as you build. I had full schematics for my build and all but when it came time to install, there were slight clearance issues that I just could not have known about until actually doing the build. Clearance issues as in 1mm-2mm changing the entire setup! But that being said, so long as you take a step back you can always find a solution.

As far as your design, yes in theory it will work perfectly fine, don't discount doing a combination reservoir and pump combo, saves a lot of work and would cut out that entire bottom half of the build reducing the work.

15 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

That should work, I can't see a reason why not. ALways order a spare fitting though, I do as good luck, and a few times it cames in very handy. 

^^^^

My friend didn't believed me and i had delay his build buy over a month, I even said you could ask for refund for the parts afterwards as I usually keep them is great conditions and never really take them out until i need them. It might be hassle to do later but would save you time in the long run.  

Magical Pineapples

12 minutes ago, MinionTM2 said:

Just be aware that your plan might have to change as you build. I had full schematics for my build and all but when it came time to install, there were slight clearance issues that I just could not have known about until actually doing the build. Clearance issues as in 1mm-2mm changing the entire setup! But that being said, so long as you take a step back you can always find a solution.

As far as your design, yes in theory it will work perfectly fine, don't discount doing a combination reservoir and pump combo, saves a lot of work and would cut out that entire bottom half of the build reducing the work.

The Reservoir is 60mm in width i got about 75 to work with between the hard drives and gpu. I am using a de attach pump to make mounting of the  Reservoir easier as the space is very small. I still have a bit till I order finishing up a semester of college then when I will work in the summer for the money to order it. Right now I am on a phenom ii 6 core it's got 6 years on it. stays under 65 to 70 with air under load. Just a bit of a bottle neck to my gpu so i will get this with a ryzen r5 1600x or r7 1700x

If you want a way to fill (and later drain) the loop, consider using a valve on a T-junction.

You can connect spare tubing to the valve when you need to fill (or drain) the loop, and then you can simply close the valve and remove the tubing, add a plug, and you're gold. (This is also a place where having extra fittings can come in handy)

In your case, you could add a T-junction to the top of the reservoir with a valve to fill.

If you don't have any other openings to let the air out as you pour, just take it slow as the air will be bubbling out of the same tube you're pouring through.

Same goes for draining. You could add another T-junction and valve at the bottom of the loop, near the pump, and use it to let the fluid out during maintenance. And the valve on top of the reservoir could be opened to let air in and help the draining process.

Either way, just be aware of the other types of connections and fittings you can fit in the loop that may offer you ways to get around little things like this.

---

@circuit_Jack You might want to make that wish list into a public wishlist, can't see the list at all.  Also to be honest I would change the CPU block to the more recent block that Alphacool made, better cooling and the mounting for it is alot easier to use.

CPU: 5900X   MOBO: MSI Tomahawk x570 
MEM: G.Skill 32gb (2 x 16gb) 3600
GPU: Asus tuf oc 3080

May add the other bits of my system later on

ok i found a problem with my pump / reservoir layout. The 3 hole cap that i was planing to install onto the reservoir is make for a different size tube as a replacement it was not well described on new newegg or  Alphacools web site tho i have a solution that will work as a replacement. i looked at a pump/reservoir combo from thermaltake. I got 1 that will fit between my hard drive cages and my gpu as it sticks out past the mobo. 

I am unsure if i will have room for one with a better flow output but i like to have a stronger flow in my loop. does any one know what the tube dimensions of the Reservoirs from thermaltake  

all of these have a top inlet and a fill port that i am looking for 

the 3 in mind i have are the flowing 

74.5 (L) x 62 (W) x 352.8 (H)

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Liquid_Cooler/Liquid_Cooler_/Pump_Reservoir/C_00002645/Pacific_PT60_S/design.htm

247 (L) x 81 (W) x 65.9 (H)

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Liquid_Cooler/Liquid_Cooler_/Pump_Reservoir/C_00002586/Pacific_PT40/Design.htm

This is the one i prefer but the 87.4 with is a concern i would like to know if the reservoir will fit between my gpu and hard drive bays with a space of 70mm ish (+-5 mm)

94.1 (L) x 87.4 (W) x 309.7 (H)

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Liquid_Cooler/Liquid_Cooler_/Pump_Reservoir/C_00002705/Pacific_PR22_D5/design.htm

main (1).jpg

main (2).jpg

main.jpg

Liquid cooling loop update.png

I have decided on this because it has the ablily  to have a top inlet and a fillport and fits the case  also the thermaltake support didn't  give me demention  on the size of the reservoir  tube just it's high

Also this 1 has a pen control  with a cleaner look. If there is anything to look at for with this pump just let me know thanks 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-pwm-incl-sl-pump

ek-xres_140_revo_d5_pwm_01_2.jpg

dsc_0737_800.jpg

ek-res-x3-int-tube-12-16-40mm_800.jpg