Mobo won't recognize SSD

So last night there was a storm and the power went out for 2 hours max. My computer was on at the time, but not in use and not sleeping/hibernating. When I turned my computer on for the first time since then tonight, it wouldn't boot and gave the 0xc000000e error. I went into the BIOS and saw that it did not register my SSD but it did register my HDD and my CD drive. Perplexed, I switched the port to one of the working ports, and checked again. No bueno. Then I tried switching cables. No bueno. Then I tried power cycling. No bueno. Now I am trying to boot into Windows with a USB 3.0 flash drive, although I think that the next ice age will come and go before that happens, and I have no idea why it's taking so long. 

I have considered the possibility that it is bricked by the storm, but I find that unlikely since I am using a surge protector and my PSU has some kind of similar feature built in. In addition, besides my sanity, it is only my SSD that is having issues. Does anyone know any magic incantations that could fix this? I would gladly pay any price or make a deal with demons to sacrifice my first born child or only eat toenails for the rest of my life, or both. If I must perform a blood ritual, then it looks like the neighbor's great dane is going to run off while they are at work tomorrow. Seriously though, someone please help.

Relevant components:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb

have you tried a different sata port or cable

try using the ssd in another computer

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 minutes ago, Hari S said:

did you read the post?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

7 minutes ago, Hari S said:

Yes I did and I mentioned this in the original post.

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

try using the ssd in another computer

Will try that tomorrow. For now it isn't an option.

6 minutes ago, Hari S said:

check out this article i had the same problem but a quick sata port swap it worked

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/169124-the-mysteriously-disappearing-drive-are-power-outages-killing-your-ssds

I already came across this article and tried switching the port to one that I knew worked. What SSD did you have?

Maybe clear CMOS?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Maybe clear CMOS?

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Is that just taking the mobo battery out and putting it back in? My computer just managed to boot from the USB and now I'm trying to enter repair mode so I will try clearing it after this.

30 minutes ago, Mjgamer said:

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Is that just taking the mobo battery out and putting it back in? My computer just managed to boot from the USB and now I'm trying to enter repair mode so I will try clearing it after this.

Just updated BIOS which also reset everything to default. Still no luck. I'm going crazy right now.

So I started the Windows 10 installation process on my HDD, but when I got to the screen where you choose the partition to install to, I saw "Drive 1 Unallocated Space 466 GB." Total Size and Free Space were both 466 GB. I clicked on it, but there was a message saying:

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is installed in this computer's BIOS menu.

Does anyone know how to do that or what that means?

So I went to Best Buy and they were not able to read anything from the drive. They said that since the BIOS can't see the drive, but the drive is able to be recognized by Windows Installer (including the size of the drive), then it is likely that the controller is knackered. I decided to buy a new drive, and I'm going to try one last thing to get the data off of it before I RMA it to Samsung.