Dell Laptop not charging at all

Hi, my friend has a dell laptop and it is not charging from any charger at all.  we have tried 20 different chargers and even chargers that have been verified working and that charge other dell laptops.  we have tried different batteries as well and the same result.  on startup it keeps telling us that it is unable to determine what charger we are using and it also tells us in Windows.  i am starting to think that the charging port or cable connecting it to the motherboard is to blame or possibly the the charging controller on the motherboard.  whats your guess on the problem?  i feel like the charging port or cable is to blame mostly because we have tried 65W, 90W chargers and they charge other dell laptops fine but wont charge me friends.  

Try going to Device Manager (if it's running Windows) and check under "Batteries".

You may find some luck in getting Windows to recognize the cables when you update those drivers.

If not, it may likely be something with the charging port itself.

Spoiler
  • CPU - i7 6700K
  • Motherboard - Asus z170 Pro Gaming
  • RAM - 2x 8GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2133Mhz
  • GPU - Sapphire RX 580 Pulse
  • Case - Cooler Master StrikeX Advance Black Edition
  • Storage - 1x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 250GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD
  • PSU - Energon 750W CM
  • Display(s) - 2x VS278H 27-inch
  • Cooling - Hyper Evo 212
  • Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma
  • Mouse - Logitech G502
  • Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 Pro
  • OS - Windows 10 Pro 64bit

i come completely reinstall the os and still nothing.  if i can get my friend to order the part then most likely the problem will go away.  at least i am hoping that the charging port is the problem.