Overkill all-purpose pc

After 3 years of repairing and collecting PC's from recycling plants, I finally saved up enough to buy a super high end PC for editing, running lots of VMS, audio editing, Ang all kinds of gaming. I'm fairly happy with my build, but would love some input. Mostly, I just wanna know if I'm missing anything. Thanks!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Watermace/saved/dznFTW

Bigger SSD (And make sure it's NVME), and a fully modular PSU. Other than that, you look like you're away laughing. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Bigger SSD (And make sure it's NVME), and a fully modular PSU. Other than that, you look like you're away laughing. 

I understand the benefit of nvme, but why a modular psu?

5 minutes ago, Watermace said:

After 3 years of repairing and collecting PC's from recycling plants, I finally saved up enough to buy a super high end PC for editing, running lots of VMS, audio editing, Ang all kinds of gaming. I'm fairly happy with my build, but would love some input. Mostly, I just wanna know if I'm missing anything. Thanks!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yfLdYr

Why do you only have a 128GB ssd on that build? Do you have spare HDD left on you so you didn't put an HDD? and maybe go with a 80+ gold psu. sometthing from seasonic or evga would be nice,.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

3 minutes ago, Watermace said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yfLdYr

you can get a better monitor

and for psu preferably get a seasonic prime since it can last (12 year warranty) and you know it wont fry your pc parts

yours is not that good

Just now, Watermace said:

I think fully modular makes it easier to do cable management and makes the build look cleaner?

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

Just now, DND said:

I think fully modular makes it easier to do cable management and makes the build look cleaner?

yes

They look cooler. And you don't have to have any cables you don't need messing up your cable management. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I think you're underspending a bit on that PSU for what is a fairly high-wattage build. I don't know that it's super important for you to have a modular PSU, but just a better one, like a Seasonic X series, EVGA G2/P2, Corsair RM, or something like that. The green label Corsair CX units are very mediocre.

1 minute ago, DND said:

Why do you only have a 128GB ssd on that build? Do you have spare HDD left on you so you didn't put an HDD?

Yeah, I have tons of 500gb, 1tb, and 2tb hdds

Oh i see, i suggest if you're going all out on overkill maybe get a m.2 nvme ssd with at most 500gb or if you can go 1tb  so you can put all you're most played games in it and other software or apps that you'll be going to use often then make the HDD's just some mass storage for pictures, movies, and the likes. 

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

For the OS? NVMe is a total waste. It's not any faster (and sometimes slower) at reading small files, which is what matters. 

I don't recommend a good 240GB SATA one though. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

raid (the same size ones)

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

For the OS? NVMe is a total waste. It's not any faster (and sometimes slower) at reading small files, which is what matters. 

I don't recommend a good 240GB SATA one though. 

Then stick with a normal M.2, but at least 240GB. 128GB is a bit small, especially for a $2400+ build.

Main PC 

3 minutes ago, DND said:

Oh i see, i suggest if you're going all out on overkill maybe get a m.2 nvme ssd with at most 500gb or if you can go 1tb  so you can put all you're most played games in it and other software or apps that you'll be going to use often then make the HDD's just some mass storage for pictures, movies, and the likes. 

How would I know if it was nvme?

8 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Then stick with a normal M.2, but at least 240GB. 128GB is a bit small, especially for a $2400+ build.

2.5" can look okay if you're careful about the cables.  But obviously M.2 is cleaner.

As for the PSU, semi-modular is fine too.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I think its stated on the specs or at least on the name. If i were to recommend I'd recommend this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA12K3U60461&cm_re=samsung_950_pro-_-20-147-467-_-Product but if its way out of budget a sata ssd would be also good but as the others suggested go get at least 240gb and maybe get a samsung 850 evo.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, DND said:

I think its stated on the specs or at least on the name. If i were to recommend I'd recommend this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA12K3U60461&cm_re=samsung_950_pro-_-20-147-467-_-Product

Not sure why that's so weirdly priced. The 960 Pro is a lot cheaper.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147596&cm_re=samsung_960_pro-_-20-147-596-_-Product

Edit: That 950 Pro is sold by a third party, that's likely why.

2 minutes ago, DND said:

I think its stated on the specs or at least on the name. If i were to recommend I'd recommend this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA12K3U60461&cm_re=samsung_950_pro-_-20-147-467-_-Product but if its way out of budget a sata ssd would be also good but as the others suggested go get at least 240gb and maybe get a samsung 850 evo.

isnt the 960 faster?

Just now, typographie said:

Oh damn yeah. Forgot about the 960's thanks for making me so that's why i was wondering why it's too pricey

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Watermace said:

If it's ridiculously expensive.   However, I just found a Samsung (top of the line) one VERY cheap on Amazon.  The fact that it's NVMe doesn't matter.  Benchmarks show it reading 4K files at almost 44MB/s.

12 minutes ago, typographie said:

I think you're underspending a bit on that PSU for what is a fairly high-wattage build. I don't know that it's super important for you to have a modular PSU, but just a better one, like a Seasonic X series, EVGA G2/P2, Corsair RM, or something like that. The green label Corsair CX units are very mediocre.

Is the psu I added better?

3 minutes ago, DND said:

Oh damn yeah. Forgot about the 960's thanks for making me so that's why i was wondering why it's too pricey

Even the 960 is nearly double the price per gigabyte as any SATA drive. I'm not convinced NVMe is really necessary for consumer use at these prices yet. I'd personally rather see someone get a SATA SSD with double the capacity for that price.

Just now, typographie said:

Even the 960 is nearly double the price per gigabyte as any SATA drive. I'm not convinced NVMe is really necessary for consumer use at these prices yet. I'd personally rather see someone get a SATA SSD with double the capacity for that price.

Yes the only thing I can think of reason getting that kind of ssd is for the pcie speed. I'm not really familiar with NVME yet so i can't say that much, Correct me if i have missed some information.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Watermace said:

Is the psu I added better?

I still see the same one. Did you update your link?