Hyper X Cloud 2 No bass?

JackDoyne

Anyone else have the problem, very little or no bass, 

Previously used bass heavy Razer Kraken 

2 minutes ago, JackDoyne said:

imho bass in a headset is not a good thing, you cant hear anything clearly. and thats why krakens were junk.

12 minutes ago, JackDoyne said:

That's because the krakens were Like 100% bass whereas the clouds are much more balanced

My life

Yep you're both very correct, i've messed around with Equalizer pro and got it too a point where a like them, 

Hope these are good, had the cloud 1's and loved them 

7 minutes ago, JackDoyne said:

Yep you're both very correct, i've messed around with Equalizer pro and got it too a point where a like them, 

Hope these are good, had the cloud 1's and loved them 

ive heard many things about the clouds, my friend used to use some cheap soundblaster headset  and when he got the clouds i thought it was someone else the mic is that good.

HyperX Clouds are on the bassy side of neutral. Razer Krakens have nothing but bass; they're the only headphones I've ever tried that outdid the original Beats in that regard. The bass on the Krakens was loose and destroyed the midrange until vocals sounded muffled beyond recognition. Soundstage was inexistent other than the sound of vocalists being smothered offstage by overbearing bass; despite the semi-open aesthetic, the drivers are still right up against the ear with a solid piece of plastic behind them. They made everything sound like this:

I suspect that may be a bit over the top, though; I believe the official Razer demo's I've been to had some sort of EQ software on when I tried them, causing clipping. The ones I've tried in the wild only had excessive loose bass without clipping.

On the bright side, the microphone was good and it was surprisingly comfortable for a pair of on-ears.