Ryzen 1500x Overclock Crashing

Go to solution Solved by M.A.P,
2 minutes ago, aviationjames said:

Haha, I noticed. I've increased it a little bit to 1.26250. It seems stable during stress test so far. Hope this works aha 

Not only stress test, even though those tests will stress the cpu to it's limit gaming can actually prove the stability too like even though games doesn't utilise full cpu some times it crashes due to less voltage so check that too. Why not turn the voltage to 1.3 or 1.32 and OC to 4GHZ(If the system is stable at 4GHz)? 

Hi, I have just got an AMD Ryzen 1500x 3.50GHz and it keeps crashing at 3.79GHz (automatic overclock by the motherboard). Should the CPU be crashing at this frequency, or is there any issues that will be fixed later on with an update for the BIOS?

System Specs:

AMD 1500x CPU

ASUS GTX 1060 3GB

DDR4 8GB 2400 HyperX RAM

ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS Motherboard

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, aviationjames said:

Hi, I have just got an AMD Ryzen 1500x 3.50GHz and it keeps crashing at 3.79GHz (automatic overclock by the motherboard). Should the CPU be crashing at this frequency, or is there any issues that will be fixed later on with an update for the BIOS?

Thanks in advance

Did you check the voltage as I'm sure that 1500x can OC upto 3.9 or 4.0 GHz without any issues.

Just now, M.A.P said:

Did you check the voltage as I'm sure that 1500x can OC upto 3.9 or 4.0 GHz without any issues.

These are the voltages. It runs stable-ish on 3.79GHz unless I play intensive games or stress test.

2017-04-20.png

Just now, aviationjames said:

These are the voltages. It runs stable-ish on 3.79GHz unless I play intensive games or stress test.

I mean the voltage set in the motherboard BIOS.

2 minutes ago, M.A.P said:

I mean the voltage set in the motherboard BIOS.

I just went into BIOS and took these...

20170420_145500101_iOS.jpg

20170420_145525354_iOS.jpg

20170420_145533511_iOS.jpg

8 minutes ago, aviationjames said:

Increase the Core voltage to 1.320 V and test the stability and if it still crashes then go on increasing core voltage by 0.100 V more until you get the system to run stable. 

5 minutes ago, M.A.P said:

Increase the Core voltage to 3.200 V and test the stability and if it still crashes then go on increasing core voltage by 0.100 V more until you get the system to run stable. 

3.2V??? Do you want to kill the mobo???
It's 1.32V

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

7 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

3.2V??? Do you want to kill the mobo???
It's 1.32V

Thanks for mentioning missed 1. Hope he didn't apply 3.2 V:(.

13 minutes ago, aviationjames said:

Dude don't use 3.2 V it will toast the mobo so change it to 1.32 sorry for the mistake.

4 minutes ago, M.A.P said:

Dude don't use 3.2 V it will toast the mobo so change it to 1.32 sorry for the mistake.

Haha, I noticed. I've increased it a little bit to 1.26250. It seems stable during stress test so far. Hope this works aha 

Not only stress test, even though those tests will stress the cpu to it's limit gaming can actually prove the stability too like even though games doesn't utilise full cpu some times it crashes due to less voltage so check that too. Why not turn the voltage to 1.3 or 1.32 and OC to 4GHZ(If the system is stable at 4GHz)? 

Well 1,25V is realy low for Ryzen and I wouldn't expect it to be stable at 3,8GHz on all cores with that voltage.

If temperatures are fine, you can try push voltage to 1,375V.

AMD said that 1,45V is max what we should be using for daily usage, so anything below that should be okay, but just to be safe I would say anything under 1,4V is 100% fine.

At least I know for myself that I will put my future Ryzen CPU to 1,375V and hopefully it won't get stuck at anything lower than 3,85GHz.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Hi, just finished stress testing and playing GTA V where it crashed before. All seems good at the voltage 1.26250, thankyou for all your help! :)

9 minutes ago, aviationjames said:

Hi, just finished stress testing and playing GTA V where it crashed before. All seems good at the voltage 1.26250, thankyou for all your help! :)

May I just ask what are max temps that you saw?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

May I just ask what are max temps that you saw?

Around 60c

Around 60c

Are you using stock cooler that came with that CPU?

Just asking because I'm also interested in buying Ryzen (probbably soon), and just want to get some feedback from users that are already using it.

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, Simon771 said:

Are you using stock cooler that came with that CPU?

Just asking because I'm also interested in buying Ryzen (probbably soon), and just want to get some feedback from users that are already using it.

Yes, its the Wraith Spire Cooler. It's really good, and silent even during load. The CPU is very fast and has little utilization during gaming - therefore it is futureproof