Screen flickering/tearing on monitor?

Hi all,

Recently I bought a new ultrawide monitor from LG (LG 29um68p to be precise) and I'm very happy with it. Even though I haven't been able to use it that often, since the adapter for my Macbook 12" had not been delivered yet UNTIL TODAY. I was very excited when I got it in the mail today, directly opened it and plugged it into my laptop and monitor, only to find out and be disappointed that the screen was acting up (Sort of flickering and/or screen tearing. Watch the video). I first thought it was the monitor, because I bought it second-hand. But after trying several laptops with multipe HDMI cables I came to the conclusion that the problem was limited to my laptop and adapter (I bought a cheap USB-C to HDMI and USB adapter, link below the post). Since I figured that it would most likely be the cheap hub from China. 

I contacted the seller but they haven't replied yet. I really would like to test different USB-C devices with the adapter to be 100% sure that it's the adapter, but I don't have any.

Does anyone have an idea if it might be some settings that are set wrong or anything like that? And also if it's actually broken or that USB-C hubs usually have this problem?

Thanks in advance!

PS: plz don't destroy me for buying a macbook

PS2: here's the link to the USB-C hub https://www.aliexpress.com/item/dodocool-7-in-1-USB-C-Hub-with-Type-C-Power-Delivery-4K-Video-HD-Output/32784093268.html

PS3: I had to compress the video in order to upload it to here. So my apologies for the potato quality

proof flickering720p.mov