Worth getting Creators Update now or wait until Microsoft shoves it down my throat?

Any know issues I should be wary of? Is it safe to go ahead and update now?

While Microsoft will likely work out bugs and things as they get reported from the general user base I don't think it will matter much.  In all likelihood by the time that is all completely done another Windows update will be shoved out that screw things up again.  As far as issues to be aware of always check your privacy settings after an update as some have been known to reactivate sending certain data and telemetry to Microsoft after the update.  If you are running any anti-spy bot tools developed previously for Windows 10 they will likely not continue working as Microsoft is now programming their updates to ignore certain parts of the registry that those tools would modify to prevent sending data to Microsoft. 

Barnacules goes into good detail about it.  On that note it got forced on me last night no issues as of yet although it is a larger update and from what I understand almost like a complete OS install (sans choosing a partition and wiping your data/config settings).  Make sure when it does happen not to unplug your PC and you should be ok for the most part.

Just now, WereCat said:

I got it, no new issues found, no old issues fixed.

"no old issues fixed" :(

Damn, I was hoping the taskbar flicker bug would be fixed when deleting an item in file explorer or on the desktop.

This is what I'm referring to if you're unaware: 

Just now, Celios said:

"no old issues fixed" :(

Damn, I was hoping the taskbar flicker bug would be fixed when deleting an item in file explorer or on the desktop.

This is what I'm referring to if you're unaware: 

Never seen that issue, I have low internet upload speed issue which I hoped would be fixed since even MS support was not able to help me so...reinstall is planned. Another issue has to do with running dual monitors with different Hz.

Those are the only issues I ever had.

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Never seen that issue, I have low internet upload speed issue which I hoped would be fixed since even MS support was not able to help me so...reinstall is planned. Another issue has to do with running dual monitors with different Hz.

Those are the only issues I ever had.

I've also had a monitor issue in the past. Windows disconnected my middle DP monitor for no reason in Display Settings, it would work with any cable (HDMI, DVI) except DP as it was "disconnected" when DP was plugged in. I could not re - enable it unless I did a fresh install, ridiculous. 

Sucks about your low upload speed issue too, hope you get it sorted!

I haven't seen any real problems, but there were a few energy saver settings that were reset, or I had to reconfigure them as they were not where I had originally set them.  Most of them were display or graphics related.  I only knew they were changed because I took a screenshot of a before and after a month earlier when I got a new graphics card.  SOme of the energy settings were set as if I had installed the OS brand new.

I take it with these big updates this way: as these updates take quite a long time, I want to be fully in control when my pc is not available for an hour and back up my data before windows messes with my pcs. So i do them manually after a week or so before starting them manually

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

4 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

I take it with these big updates this way: as these updates take quite a long time, I want to be fully in control when my pc is not available for an hour and back up my data before windows messes with my pcs. So i do them manually after a week or so before starting them manually

I'm super paranoid so backup all the time anyway. I backup my photos, videos, documents and other stuff to Google Drive and External Hard Drives then have a backup External Hard Drive for each drive, lol. I once almost lost everything and it's made me paranoid af.

I am almost ready to move away from Windows 10. Heavily considering a Hackintosh. I do not trust Microsoft to release stable and quality updates ever since the first 3 reinstalls that were needed for my Machine. I would consider Linux but that OS lacks even more application support than MacOS. 

Sure its against the EULA but this forum is too uptight about it anyway. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)