Mouse - Genius GX Gaming Gila

WereCat

Hi guys, this is my first review I have ever done. I hope that you will approve it and if not then feel free to criticize me. (Also English is not my native language so sorry for mistakes). I got this mouse half a year ago and now I decided to share my personal experience with it. I wanted to do review sooner but I just could not find time to do it. So lets get into it!

Mouse is made out of plastic and sides are ruberized with nice texture in it so that it cant slip out of your hand. Mouse feels great and build quality is also great. It does not feel cheap like some plastics do. Cable is sleeved and USB is gold plated. There are left and right mouse buttons, scroll wheel and aditional 9 buttons.

Buttons are strategicaly placed on the mouse so that you cant accidentaly press them and to be easily reached. There are 2 for your thumb, 2 for your forefinger on the left side of left mouse button, 2 for your middle finger on the right side of the right mouse button, 3 on the top of the mouse behind scroll wheel. Only these 3 are not easily accessible but one of them is meant to change DPI but it is up to you what you will bind on the rest of them.

All buttons are making satisfying click. Scroll wheel is ruberized and is also making satisfying sounds when you move with it. It is louded scroll wheel I ever had on a mouse. It is about as loud as left or a right click.

Mouse is backlighted and backlight consist out of 3 parts - back of the mouse (2 strips, one on each side of mouse), top of the mouse (GX logo and scroll wheel), front of the mouse (under left and right mouse buttons). You can adjust collor of backlight to your will and you can set different color on each of these 3 parts. Genius claim that you can set over 15 milion color modes.

On the top left side of the mouse there is backlighted DPI meter with red LEDs. You cant change color on this DPI meter. This DPI meter consist out of 8 modes - Off mode is lowest DPI then there are 6 LED stripes that lights up from back of the mouse to the front as you're increasing DPI and then there is maximum DPI mode when you light up all stripes at once. In my opinion this is great implementation because when you game you know exactly how much DPI you have.

post-18668-0-44632700-1384539445.jpg

post-18668-0-78818900-1384539470.jpg

post-18668-0-82158200-1384539484.jpg

post-18668-0-92344900-1384539496.jpg

There is onboard 32K memory on which you can store your macros and profiles to prevent in game blocks. You can place macros on every single button located on this mouse and reasign functionality of them to your liking. Mouse got laser sensor. DPI of this mouse range from 100-8200. Polling rate is up to 1000Hz.

On the bottom of mouse in the back there you can open your mouse and place small little metal weights to adjust the balance to your liking. Each of the weights is 4.5g. There is 6 of them in total. I use 4 because I like it more heavy. Weights are included in nice little box.

post-18668-0-50461000-1384540114.jpg

post-18668-0-43344300-1384540121.jpg

post-18668-0-29589600-1384540127.jpg

Software for this mouse is great! It is easy to navigate and set up. It consist out of 4 tabs. The first one is for button assigments, seccond one for macro managing, third one for DPI settings and things affecting mouse responsivity, fourth one for backlight options. You can have 6 profiles in total, save/load on disc options included.

Macros are fully customizable. You can set delays or turn them off completely, name all macros so that you will able to find them later. (You can see most of the setting from pictures bellow but there is still a little more).

post-18668-0-93677200-1384540633.png

post-18668-0-91341300-1384540636.png

post-18668-0-35212400-1384540641.png

post-18668-0-85191100-1384540645.png

I have to say that I am really happy with this mouse and I can recommend it to everyone. Mouse should fit best for those people that have middle sized hands but I am using it comfortably nevertheless my hands are really large. People with small hands can have problem with reaching some buttons but only people with really small hands.

This is really well priced mouse. For everything it offers you can get it for around 45€ / 60$. For me this was the best bang for the money.

For everyone who got there, THANKS FOR READING! Please feel free to leave a comment or ask a question I may probably forgot to mention some things but they will come up in my mind later... hopefully.

Really good and detailed review man :). Not really a fan of the how the mouse looks, but yeah, at least people know what they're buying when they'll see your review!

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Really good and detailed review man :). Not really a fan of the how the mouse looks, but yeah, at least people know what they're buying when they'll see your review!

Thanks man! Really appretiate it. Makes me want to do more reviews (not much time :( ).

Great review mate :) And that mouse is badass!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Nice review man! That mouse looks like a mini Transformers..

I find the mouse name pretty funny because in my country, the word 'Gila' means crazy. :lol:

Nice review man! That mouse looks like a mini Transformers..

I find the mouse name pretty funny because in my country, the word 'Gila' means crazy. :lol:

Good review, Liked it a lot. And the design reminds lightly of Roccat mice

Thanks guys. If I find some time I want also review my keyboard and moninor. I may be able to make keyboard review tommorow but monitor will require a lot of time.

Thanks guys. If I find some time I want also review my keyboard and moninor. I may be able to make keyboard review tommorow but monitor will require a lot of time.

Member reviews don't get that much attention here unfortunately. And actually I have a keyboard review I've been postponing for ages now

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Member reviews don't get that much attention here unfortunately. And actually I have a keyboard review I've been postponing for ages now

Well I do it because I enjoy it. If even one person find this helpfull then I will be glad. If not then I at least had fun making this review. And thanks for feedback!