Ryzen 5

4 hours ago, NewAndy said:

R5 or i5 for gaming?

I'd like @stealth80 to answer this as well. 

Well basically it's the same story, 7700k is still gaming king. Ryzen optimisations will come and as we know, it's gaming performance will improve with high speed ram. If I was in the market right now for a $250 CPU I would grab the Ryzen 1600X without a doubt

I went 4790k to 1700 and do not regret it, yes my benchmarks are lower, but for some reason games feel smoother

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

12 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Well basically it's the same story, 7700k is still gaming king. Ryzen optimisations will come and as we know, it's gaming performance will improve with high speed ram. If I was in the market right now for a $250 CPU I would grab the Ryzen 1600X without a doubt

I went 4790k to 1700 and do not regret it, yes my benchmarks are lower, but for some reason games feel smoother

ryzen has been getting good min fps which is why it feels smoother. it is just not the best at feeding the GPU as fast as possible.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

14 hours ago, stealth80 said:

So if I can afford it, Ryzen 7 is the way to go (if future games favor cores over clock speed, like they probably will). If not, Ryzen 5 is still better than an i5 for gaming (after Ryzen opimization)

Congratz to AMD for being the only thing people talk about except the $700+ products from Nvidia that very few people can afford

2 hours ago, NewAndy said:

So if I can afford it, Ryzen 7 is the way to go (if future games favor cores over clock speed, like they probably will). If not, Ryzen 5 is still better than an i5 for gaming (after Ryzen opimization)

Congratz to AMD for being the only thing people talk about except the $700+ products from Nvidia that very few people can afford

well at Ryzen 7 price you are looking at a 7700k aswell. If strictly gaming you "should" buy a 7700k as it gives the best FPS. if you wanna do anything other than/as well as game, Ryzen 7 is the better chip - the gap will close, I doubt it will over take a 7700k unless we see (as you said) games that want lots of cores

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

24 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

well at Ryzen 7 price you are looking at a 7700k aswell. If strictly gaming you "should" buy a 7700k as it gives the best FPS. if you wanna do anything other than/as well as game, Ryzen 7 is the better chip - the gap will close, I doubt it will over take a 7700k unless we see (as you said) games that want lots of cores

Well, even if Intel's 7700k is still the best in a year or two, I like AMD as a company (even though their previous products isn't that great (I preferred Intel & Nvidia products before Ryzen)) mostly because of Nvidia and how Nvidia price their products, and won't share technology with anyone. AMD is just a nice company, who do their job, and offer some lower end products with a reasonable price, so i want to support them.

I'm a fan of the company, not their products, so I won't just go and tell everyone that AMD is the best, because they're usually not.