PC crashes when playing games (780Ti)

Hi when ever I play an older title game or some new ones after about 10 minutes my screen goes black and I can hear sound for 10 seconds. and i can hear the GPU fans spin up to 100%. I have found that I can fix this with a 100mhz underclock but need a better fix 

Thanks

Which PSU do you have?

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

3 minutes ago, WAR Corporation said:

Which PSU do you have?

It's a CX 750

Might be graphics card dying. Had a similar issue last month with my gtx 980, replacing it with a new gpu solved the problem.

There was a thread her sometime last month about another issue like this with pc crashing while doing things, it also being a graphics card issue.

Try seeing if you're still under warranty?

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Not under warranty

Just now, Inception9269 said:

Might be graphics card dying. Had a similar issue last month with my gtx 980, replacing it with a new gpu solved the problem.

There was a thread her sometime last month about another issue like this with pc crashing while doing things, it also being a graphics card issue.

Try seeing if you're still under warranty?

Not under warranty sadly I bought it of ebay

Just now, Natho292 said:

Not under warranty

Not under warranty sadly I bought it of ebay

how long ago?

warranties with the manufacturers lasts a few years, Gigabytes lasting 3 for gpus.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

1 minute ago, Inception9269 said:

how long ago?

warranties with the manufacturers lasts a few years, Gigabytes lasting 3 for gpus.

I bought it used 

Tried doing a clean driver install? I've got a overvolted bios on my 780ti and sometimes precision x reverts the voltage back to stock, which crashes the card under load. Usually a restart, or clean driver install fixes the clocks after the crash. Don't know if you'd be having the same issue on a stock bios.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Sounds like thermal shutdown to be honest. In other words, the card is shutting itself down to prevent death from heat. This would be fixed by reapplying thermal paste on the card, make sure you put it back with good enough pressure.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Lord_Karango17 said:

Tried doing a clean driver install? I've got a overvolted bios on my 780ti and sometimes precision x reverts the voltage back to stock, which crashes the card under load. Usually a restart, or clean driver install fixes the clocks after the crash. Don't know if you'd be having the same issue on a stock bios.

Reinstalled drivers and have completely reinstalled windows 

Just now, Energycore said:

Sounds like thermal shutdown to be honest. In other words, the card is shutting itself down to prevent death from heat. This would be fixed by reapplying thermal paste on the card, make sure you put it back with good enough pressure.

Temps stay around 70 and reapplied thermal paste with Mx 4 or whatever it is when I got the card

Just now, Natho292 said:

Temps stay around 70 and reapplied thermal paste with Mx 4 or whatever it is when I got the card

Ah, sounds like your card has degraded then. What this means is, it can't do its original clockspeed at its stock voltage anymore because of use. It should still work, like you tried, with a downclock, or you could take the voltage up just make sure to keep temps under 85C.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Natho292 said:

What clocks/ voltage are you running on? I've noticed lately that I'm getting crashes on clocks that used to be stable, so I've had to bump down clockspeeds by 10 mhz. 

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Just now, Lord_Karango17 said:

What clocks/ voltage are you running on? I've noticed lately that I'm getting crashes on clocks that used to be stable, so I've had to bump down clockspeeds by 10 mhz. 

It is stable at 100mhz underclock but at stock speeds it crashes it's a Asus oc if that helps

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Ah, sounds like your card has degraded then. What this means is, it can't do its original clockspeed at its stock voltage anymore because of use. It should still work, like you tried, with a downclock, or you could take the voltage up just make sure to keep temps under 85C.

Will ping the voltage help make it more stable?

1 minute ago, Natho292 said:

It is stable at 100mhz underclock but at stock speeds it crashes it's a Asus oc if that helps

Dose playing around with the voltage in msi afterburner or any other oc program help? 

1 minute ago, Lord_Karango17 said:

Dose playing around with the voltage in msi afterburner or any other oc program help? 

Idk I haven't touched the voltage 

31 minutes ago, Natho292 said:

Idk I haven't touched the voltage 

well first try to get an RMA. If that fails, then you should still save it with a bit of voltage

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Energycore said:

well first try to get an RMA. If that fails, then you should still save it with a bit of voltage

The voltage worked