Want to overclock an AMD FX6300 six core on an Asrock extreme3 r2.0 motherboard

first off this is my first post here, been watching the youtube videos a lot lately and finally made the jump to the forums as well.

Anyway, my brother and I had at one point managed to overclock my CPU from the standard 3.5G to 4.5G, I am not a heavy gamer, the most intensive game I play is Minecraft unless I bust out an emulator for N64 or something, but due to a Bios reset or something similar (I don't remember the exact cause) I had lost my overclock setup and forgot all my values.

now I have been looking for the youtube video I found with a guy that did an overclock to 4.5 on and Asrock board, but I cannot seem to find it and trying other overclocking explanations is very hard due to different motherboards having different OC features as well as most people try overclocking these FX6300's to either 4.2 or even as high as 5.5 I think but finding an overclock for 4.5 is tough.

Does anyone have a good guide for an Asrock extreme3 r2.0 overclock on an AMD FX6300?

Do you use the stock cooler or an aftermarket one?

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

I've the same board and it has trouble delivering stable power, best I've been able to get a stable vcore under load is 1.36. 4.2-4.3 ghz is probably do able, depends on the chip, my 6100 hit 4.5 without too much trouble and ran for years, my 8300 hit 4.2 (given these chips do use more power) and thats about it. 

Have gotten 4.6-4.7 on this board but that needed some good tom fuckery and was only good to run a few benchmarks.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I have had this thing sit at 4.5 before but lost the settings, i'll try doing an overclock tonight and see what results I get.

[EDIT]So I have it as close as I can somehow get it to 4.5G, i'll post a screenshot of my Bios settings soon, but i've noticed that CPUID is showing a fluctuation in multiplier, when idle it will jump from 22.5X down to 7X and next to the multiplier section it says (7 - 22.5).

I have not benched my system yet as I have never benched one before and am still figuring out idle temps and such, it's still a learning experience for me.

CPUID Screenshot 1.png

I'm not sure what the rule is for double posting or bumping a topic, but I wanted to post a screenshot of my Bios settings for the overclock, also I think my PC rebooted when I was at work today and it looks like there were no updates so i'm HOPING that's not a bad sign, also please note I haven't stress tested it yet either.

The hard to read numbers are:

CPU frequency = 200

PCIE frequency = 100 <--Just got curious if changing that would give more performance to my Nvidia Geforce GTX 650

and the bottom/selected option

HT Bus Width = 16 bit

20170411_201352.jpg