Temperatere Differential

Hi There

What kind of water to cpu temperature differential should I notice on my cpu only water cooling loop?

My water is reporting as being at 27.9 degrees celsius.
the ambient temperature is 19 degrees celsius

my cpu temperature is 40 degrees celsius (with no load)
My motherboard temp is 27 degrees celsius
Does that seem right or do I have an issue somewhere?

(its running an AMD FX-8320 and it's not overclocked, I have one 120mm radiator running a high static pressure fan and a second 240mm radiator running 2 high static pressure fans. The water pump is an SC600)

1.jpg

3.jpg.a1824485ae72970222d5dce67173ff6f.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Cooler: Asus Ryujn 240
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350-Plus
Main Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB
Secondary Storage: 6 Terra Raid Array
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 3200
GPU: Asus Expedition RX570 OC
Case: Antec Nineteen Hundred in Green
PSU: 1200W

you need an expert in thermal and fluid dynamics to answer this question, however your temperatures seem ok, electrical components will hold a temperature higher than ambient and that temperature is derived by the amount of electrical energy is wasted (as heat energy) and how fast that heat energy can escape into the atmosphere (dissipate), well in this case into the loop first then the raidiator releases that heat into the atmosphere. now as to the water temperature thats a delta of 40-28(assuming the cpu readings are correct amd cpu temps are not always accurate) which is 12 degrees, at what point in the loop is the water temperature taken after the cpu die or after the water has passed the radiator as this will cause a difference in temperature.

also to add a 8350@4.6ghz under a hyper 212 ides at 40c I'm from Jamaica so my ambient is like 24c, and according to my roommate the thermal readings from the fx line of cpus aren't to be trusted because under load(prime95) he pulls 200+ watts from the wall but temps never pass 65c. at stock i haven't seen temperatures below 38c. the funny thing is when compared to my i7-2600@4+ghz (non k) i pull a little over 100 watts but my temps reach 80c+ under load with a cryorig m9i which according to bench marks does slightly better than the 212 so mileages vary.... a lot sometimes.

i would rely more on the board temps and the water temps, but remember that loops take a while to reach a terminal temperature for a given work load

18 minutes ago, BULLETBEEF | JA said:

at what point in the loop is the water temperature taken after the cpu die or after the water has passed the radiator as this will cause a difference in temperature.

Just before the pump so after it's been through both sets of radiators.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Cooler: Asus Ryujn 240
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350-Plus
Main Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB
Secondary Storage: 6 Terra Raid Array
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 3200
GPU: Asus Expedition RX570 OC
Case: Antec Nineteen Hundred in Green
PSU: 1200W

:x a real water cooler guy, one day when my country is in a better economic state i will be just like you..... :D seems fine then, i would run some load and get temps as long as those are in check you should be fine. if its 28c going to the cpu and the board is 27 at idle then u are fine. (im not taking into account a gpu in the loop, which would make the water a bit warmer going to the CPU* but negligible at idle and in this scenario would actually make your cpu temp reading more believeable, so im going with the worst case of no gpu in the loop)

Well, if there is a bottleneck in your system, it's the waterblock you have. The thermal capacity of water is 4.184J/G(degree)C, so water can hold a lot of thermal energy while being not exactly the best at transferring it. That being said, I had a 8350, and that thing has a little microwave, even while not overclocking. So I wouldn't be surprised at seeing your idle temps like that, but you might want to check your thermal paste and waterblock for any potential performance hits. 

I spend most of my time on Autodesk and Caffe. CAD is great, as long as you know what you're doing.

Watson: Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB 3000Mhz Dominator Platinum, X370 MSI Pro Carbon, 2x FirePro W9100s, 2x 256GB Samsung 850EVO SSDs, 2x 6TB WD Raid 1 HDDs, Ghetto Custom Cooling and Case, Logitech G910 and G502, 3DConnection SpacePilot Pro, 6x 27" Viewsonic FHD Monitors, 2x 24" Acer FHD Monitors, Windows 10 Pro/Ubuntu 16.04 Dual.

Yes, you can game on FirePro Cards, it's just overkill if you never use it's full abilities. 

Sherlock: 128 Core Render Server (32 Nodes, Matched Core 2 Quads, 8GB DDR2) running HPC Service Pack 1 on Windows Server 2016. Just because, you know, who doesn't want to render in real time? (Plus I don't pay the power bill)