Corsair Mechanical Keyboard

Pkai

Hey guys, i would like to know what is the best key-switch for typing and gaming ? I am planning to buy a corsair mechanical keyboard  and i am considering the Corsair strafe RGB Mx-Silent switches. I am considering the silent switches since the very loud clicky noise could be an issue. Any opinions are much appreciated. Just to note that i can't try the switches since there is no local shop that sells a corsair keyboard. Could the Mx-silent switches be the best for the gaming-typing-silent combination ? Thank you in advance.

They could be, but what I would do is go search up key switches sound tests on youtube or look up reviews for the board you are planning on getting. Almost all YouTubers who do reviews will give you a sound test. Try searching "randomfrankp Corsair strafe RGB Mx-Silent switches" on youtube and maybe there will be a result. He's a very good reviewer. If not just search the board name and add review at the end. He's a very good reviewer. Good luck!

MX-Silents are basically Reds with some more sound dampening. That means that they're linear switches, so you won't feel the actuation point (no tactile feedback) and the only sound that is being generated is the sound of the keycap hitting the actual switch. I personally don't like Reds (and Silents for that matter) for typing because I miss that noticeable bump you get when the key actuates. If you're concerned with the noise of Blues (tactile bump and "click") I highly recommend Browns (tactile bump, no "click") since they are reasonably quiet and you still have almost as much tactility as you get with Blues.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

If you're not sure what the differences between the different Cherry switches are, you can either check out their website or just check youtube. There are tons of "mechanical key switch guides".

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

20 minutes ago, Pkai said:

Hey guys, i would like to know what is the best key-switch for typing and gaming ? I am planning to buy a corsair mechanical keyboard  and i am considering the Corsair strafe RGB Mx-Silent switches. I am considering the silent switches since the very loud clicky noise could be an issue. Any opinions are much appreciated. Just to note that i can't try the switches since there is no local shop that sells a corsair keyboard. Could the Mx-silent switches be the best for the gaming-typing-silent combination ? Thank you in advance.

cherry mx browns

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

19 hours ago, JoeR said:

They could be, but what I would do is go search up key switches sound tests on youtube or look up reviews for the board you are planning on getting. Almost all YouTubers who do reviews will give you a sound test. Try searching "randomfrankp Corsair strafe RGB Mx-Silent switches" on youtube and maybe there will be a result. He's a very good reviewer. If not just search the board name and add review at the end. He's a very good reviewer. Good luck!

19 hours ago, toasty6776 said:

MX-Silents are basically Reds with some more sound dampening. That means that they're linear switches, so you won't feel the actuation point (no tactile feedback) and the only sound that is being generated is the sound of the keycap hitting the actual switch. I personally don't like Reds (and Silents for that matter) for typing because I miss that noticeable bump you get when the key actuates. If you're concerned with the noise of Blues (tactile bump and "click") I highly recommend Browns (tactile bump, no "click") since they are reasonably quiet and you still have almost as much tactility as you get with Blues.

19 hours ago, SeanAngelo said:

cherry mx browns

Ok thank you guys. Will do a quick research and see. 

got a k95 rgb today with brown switches, 

i have only been using the switches for half an hour and already love them.

they provide good tactile feedback and you dont have to press the key down fully. However, if you want to press down the keys fully for gaming for example  they are a good option as they wont punish you for bottoming out like blues as they are not heavy 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

1 hour ago, asim1999 said:

got a k95 rgb today with brown switches, 

i have only been using the switches for half an hour and already love them.

they provide good tactile feedback and you dont have to press the key down fully. However, if you want to press down the keys fully for gaming for example  they are a good option as they wont punish you for bottoming out like blues as they are not heavy 

I remember i got the k95 brown a few months ago.

The feeling was amazing and it actually made me smile a few times coming from some plastic cheap ass keyboard. Good choice if i say so myself. 

2 hours ago, Pkai said:

Ok thank you guys. Will do a quick research and see. 

I love the sound but did not want it to loud at night times specially. So i got the browns i found the reds their sound not much attracting to me and if im honest im used to press hard on a key like many other gamers so the marketing behind the switches that they are easy to press etc was not for me.

And mostly when i die due late movement its my own reaction that failed right there. And not because my brown switch was "to slow"

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

I have the Strafe RGB with Silent MX switches. I had the exact same issue as you, i wanted a Mechanical keyboard without the loud clacking sounds. And i can honestly say that this was the correct keyboard for me at least. There is no audible clacking when you press the key. But it still has the great feel of a mechanical keyboard.