OnePlus 3T or Samsung S7 Edge

Go to solution Solved by RadiatingLight,
Just now, themctipers said:

Camera

Alright, I'll give the GS7 a win in this department, but not by a huge margin. the OP3T Camera is still amazing, just not at the "Legendary" status of the GS7

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

display

Display is a moot point IMO. both use an AMOLED panel, and although the GS7 is higher resolution, who actually cares in daily use if your phone is 1080p or 1440p. the only advantage is mobile VR, which sucks and nobody should use. the edge screen is a gimmick, because there's no use for such a technology.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

build quality (feel in hand)

That's debatable. the 3T uses a really nice design. I'd call this one a draw IMO, because both are made of premium materials, and glass vs metal is a preference thing.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

performance 

Untill now, your points have made sense.

but.. are you serious?

how could you possibly dream that the GS7 is faster or preforms better than the OP3T in any way. it has a heavily skinned version of android, which even though touchwiz has improved since the GS5 days, is still much slower than stock/near stock. the OP3T uses an objectively faster processor (SD820 VS 821), and any speedtest you will ever watch shows the 3T as a clear winner. just look at phonebuff.

OnePlus 3T or Samsung S7 Edge  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which phone do you like better?

• OnePlus 3T
    • Samsung S7 Edge

Hey guys!

I want to get a new phone soon. I can afford both the 3T and the S7 Edge but i don't know which one is the better investment...

I like Oneplus 3T's: gunmetal colour, usb-c, dash charging, software (oxygenUI), performance, thinness?

I like Samsung S7 Edge's: design, IP68 rating, battery life, camera, wireless charging, size (feel in hand)?

What are ur thoughts? Ceramic home button or physical button? QHD or full HD display? OnePlus or Samsung?

Any insight is appreciated :)

| Follow me @beaniesonwhales | Dream Rig @ PCPartPicker | ♪♫SoundCloud♮♭ |

I'm not too big on the Edge variants of Samsung's phones since they're harder to protect, but if you're wanting one, go for it.

I'd suggest the S7 Edge out of the two. I have an S7 and love it, I haven't had a single major issue with it in the almost year that I've had it, which is not something I can say about really any of my past phones.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

why the fuck are you asking $450 budget phone vs $700 flagship

obviously the S7 is better (but at a worse value compared to the 3t)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The phones aren't really comparable, as they're in very different price brackets. The S7 edge is the better phone, but in terms of what you're getting for your money, the 3T is much better value.

Personally, I can't justify spending that much money on a phone, so I'd suggest the 3T 

S7 edge only beats out the 3T in one category -- Water resistance.

other than that, the 3T is IMO the better phone. if both were available at the same price, I'd choose the 3T.

I've seen firsthand what Samsung skins, and especially carrier customizations, do to a phone, and it's not pretty. my dad's S7 Edge is currently running slower than my friend's oneplus one. (pressing the home button legit takes 3-5 seconds to go home.)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

34 minutes ago, themctipers said:

obviously the S7 is better

care to provide a reason?

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

care to provide a reason?

Camera 

display

performance 

bragging rights

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

Camera

Alright, I'll give the GS7 a win in this department, but not by a huge margin. the OP3T Camera is still amazing, just not at the "Legendary" status of the GS7

display

Display is a moot point IMO. both use an AMOLED panel, and although the GS7 is higher resolution, who actually cares in daily use if your phone is 1080p or 1440p. the only advantage is mobile VR, which sucks and nobody should use. the edge screen is a gimmick, because there's no use for such a technology.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

That's debatable. the 3T uses a really nice design. I'd call this one a draw IMO, because both are made of premium materials, and glass vs metal is a preference thing.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

performance 

but.. are you serious?

how could you possibly dream that the GS7 is faster or preforms better than the OP3T in any way. it has a heavily skinned version of android, which even though touchwiz has improved since the GS5 days, is still much slower than stock/near stock. the OP3T uses an objectively faster processor (SD820 VS 821), and any speedtest you will ever watch shows the 3T as a clear winner. just look at phonebuff.

Desktop:

Laptop:

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

but.. are you serious?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm pulling bullshit out of my ass to make my point better lol

i don't keep up with android/one+ because I don't need to usually, and going by my rule of flagship = best and > oneplus' offerings worked before

also I can tell the tiny difference from 1080p and 1440p on my phone :( miss my note 5 display 

i prefer the glass feel of the S7 against a metal build (only metal phone I've felt would be the iPhone so I'm going by that, 6s+ build) 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

going by my rule of flagship = best and > oneplus' offerings worked before

Well, times are changing budget phones are surprisingly amazing. however, flagship does equal best, but the oneplus 3T is honestly a flagship. Oneplus has razor thin margins on their phones, but they make their products with the same level of quality as someone like Samsung. price doesn't define a flagship. specs and features do.

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Well, times are changing budget phones are surprisingly amazing. however, flagship does equal best, but the oneplus 3T is honestly a flagship. Oneplus has razor thin margins on their phones, but they make their products with the same level of quality as someone like Samsung. price doesn't define a flagship. specs and features do.

My flagship I mean the company's best product (eg for Apple their flagship would be the 7+, Samsung would be their S8+ until

the N8 comes out, oneplus would be 3t)

the last time I cared about 1+ would be the 1+2 :P 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

12 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

I've seen firsthand what Samsung skins, and especially carrier customizations, do to a phone, and it's not pretty. my dad's S7 Edge is currently running slower than my friend's oneplus one. (pressing the home button legit takes 3-5 seconds to go home.)

Why is that, the lag? Does upgrading to Nougat 7.0 reduce lag?

| Follow me @beaniesonwhales | Dream Rig @ PCPartPicker | ♪♫SoundCloud♮♭ |

1 minute ago, Cuddlez said:

Why is that, the lag? Does upgrading to Nougat 7.0 reduce lag?

the lag is simply because of poor coding and optimization on Samsung's side. heavily skinned phones tend to get very slow after 6 months or so because it simply gets way more bloated and weighed down by bad optimization and bad coding putting junk files everywhere, etc.

with phones like the GS7 a full factory reset is needed twice a year to keep them running fast IMO.

upgrading to 7.0 actually increased lag in my experience, unless you do a factory reset.

Desktop:

Laptop: