What's the plastic to diffuse LEDs used in RAM and mousepads?

Acorn Eyes

I saw the Razer RGB coaster and it inspired me to make my own with blackjack and hookers.

I've always wondered what plastic exactly they used. But now I need to be sure the light is spread evenly through it.

Don't talk about stale memes.

6 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

Well obviously, but what transmission is the best for LEDs on a small scale and where can I buy them in cylindrical ellipses?

To be more specific, I would want to order acrylic cut to this already:

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7726999/IMG_1495.JPG

If I try to cut it out of a sheet of acrylic it would have sharp edges, and I'd imagine sanding it would distort the diffusion.

Don't talk about stale memes.

On 4/8/2017 at 5:06 AM, Acorn Eyes said:

Well obviously, but what transmission is the best for LEDs on a small scale and where can I buy them in cylindrical ellipses?

To be more specific, I would want to order acrylic cut to this already:

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7726999/IMG_1495.JPG

If I try to cut it out of a sheet of acrylic it would have sharp edges, and I'd imagine sanding it would distort the diffusion.

It is most commonly injection molded for mass production leaving no cut edges, for projects it would be best to have it laser cut or flame polish the edges if you want it to have a high gloss finish. sand blasting or etching would probably be best as it provides a very nice and even diffused surface for light.