Intel Core i7 3960X Extreme Edition & Gigabyte X79-UD3 GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Awesome giveaway Linus.....tanks to Intel and Gigabyte

Wow amazing giveaway

thanks!:-) :-)

Wow! thats awesome! thanks for the opportunity! a big thanks to Intel and Gigabyte! :D

Shares:

Twitter : https://twitter.com/Joka232/status/315178838055350272

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/atif.aziz.568/posts/494825893932834

i7 5960X OC 4.40Ghz II GTX 1080 Asus Stryx II X99S Gaming 7 MSI II 16GB Vengence DDR4 II 250GB Samsung 850 II 3x 1 TB HDD WD II 

Designer by Heart, Gamer by Blood

Send me a PM if you want a custom Profile Pic or Background!  --

If you like what I made you , share it with everyone In this thread Here!

Well... I hope I win; thanks intel, Linus, and Gigabyte!

Awesome! Thank you for being so generous.

I would scrap my whole pc for that cpu and motherboard, then i would have a truly beast computer to work with

sounds like a truely awesome giveaway. Thank you Linus for putting this up!

Thanks for the giveaway Linus and thanks for your generosity!

I have been trying to find some new hardware for a while now. both me and my dad work in the IT feild and this new hardware would be a HUGE help. for example, here is a letter i tried to send to nvidia but never got a reply on:

Dear NVIDIA GeForce team,

My name is Brandon Wilber (16 yrs. old). I love computers, and am currently training for my A+ certification. I hope to start and maintain a career in the IT field, hopefully with my own business building custom computers. The other day, I was watching a Linus Tech Tips video on YouTube that as reviewing and benchmarking your new TITAN graphics card. This got me to thinking back on a stumble upon article that I had seen about a month ago that shows what it would be like to run 1000+ Skyrim mods at once.

[http://momosky.tumblr.com/post/36583041655/snapshot19-what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre]

But the article reads that even the most hefty gaming machines can only buckle down to an unbearable 10FPS, and that the Modder who assembled this mass compilation only did so for Capturing screenshots. Then I thought, what could 2 or 3 titans in SLI do about that? Unfortunately, I don’t have the kind of money to build such a beast, and I was hoping that maybe the guys from the GeForce team could help. I know it’s an extreme longshot, but I can at least try.

My build would start out with the Corsair Obsidian 800D Case. The massive thing would have plenty of room and airflow to cool the interior components. Under the hood would be the MSI X79A-GD45 Motherboard. At the heart of the beast would be the Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E 3.5GHz, which I would have overclocked to 4.5GHz if I can get it to stabilize. I’ve never worked with such high end equipment before, so overclocking past 4.0 would be amazing for me. Cooling the I7 would be the CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler. For RAM, I would use Mushkin’s Enhanced Blackline 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM. This should allow plenty of space for programs like Skyrim and its 1000+ mods to run, along with my video and audio editing programs (rendering takes hours on my $500 budget build). Windows 8 would be stored on 2 SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series SSDs in a RAID0 array, with a Seagate ST4000DM000 4TB HDD for storage. For optical media, I would use an ASUS Black Blu-ray burner. (I’ve never seen a movie on Blu-ray) Of course the 2 Monstrosities that are called titans would power the 3 LG 27EA63V-P.AUS Black 27" Monitors. The current monitor I have is an 18.5 inch SANYO flat screen TV. I used to run display port to HDMI until one of the controller chips (I assume) went out. Now the only things that work are my YWR cables and my VGA port which I use for my current computer. However, these 3 LGs should take care of any problem. And powering this insane build would be the CORSAIR AX1200i 1200W Digital PSU. Some Razer peripherals would help tremendously, because this stock HP mouse and keyboard aren’t exactly the easiest to game on.

My current computer that I built for X-Mas 2 years ago was my first pc, which was limited to a $500 budget. (I didn’t even buy the HDD and GPU) This being my first build, I’ve bottlenecked horrendously at the video card (ATI RADEON 5570 low profile) and hard drive (Seagate 320GB 2.5 inch HDD that I got from an old go-flex rive). I’ve learned quite a bit in the past 2-3 years, including the fact that the H-61 chipset doesn’t support overclocking, rendering the decision to get the K edition of my Intel I5 useless.

After making a wish list on Newegg.com, the amount totaled at around $6,281.85. $6,000 that I probably will never get., Building a Machine as magnificent as this would be a dream come true. I was hesitant about writing this letter, reluctant that it would even be read, but after a little encouragement from my computer operations teacher, Mr. Young, I decided to at least try. Mr. Young says that it would be a great learning experience to have the class learn what it’s like to witness the power of such great hardware like the Titan. But like I said, it’s a longshot to even attempt sending a letter that will probably never be read. But Trying will increase my chances more than sitting my lazy butt in my chair and doing nothing. If anyone does happen to read this, your response would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Brandon Wilber

brandonwilber388@yahoo.com

Wining some insane new equipment in a contest has been a dream of mine for a while now. I would gretly appreciate it.

I would be so happy if I got this for my gaming setup

It would be pretty awesome to get this. My friend just got a rig with a 3820 in it. It would be awesome to be able to beat out his system. Now I just need to sell a body part to get a GTX Titan...

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

hi please dont give that

thank you

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

AWESOME! I would love a new processor please.

This is Awesome! it would be a great addition to my Gaming Rig :D

that I7 3960x would be great

Thank you very much for this awesome giveway Linus!

Hope i win!

And i hope i do for a living what you do some day!

Facebook Share: https://www.facebook.com/joel.aguiar2/posts/569015666451026

Twitter Share: https://twitter.com/SixStricke/status/315180101316775936

Other Community Share: http://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/1ateke/intel_giveway/

Thank you Intel, Gigabyte and Linus for this giveaway :D

Case: Corsair 350D | Mobo: Asrock Z77 Pro4-M | Ram: Patriot Viper Extreme 16GB 1866MHz | CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K | CPUC: Corsair H60 2013 | PSU: Antec TP-750 | SSD: Kingston Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | GPU: Sapphire HD7950 | Monitor: Asus PB279Q (4K) | Keyboard: Gigabyte Osmium Aivia - Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: Logitech Performance MX