Will upgrading to an i5 7600k have any noticeable difference in daily tasks?

So I am still using my old fx 6300. I upgraded to a SSD last year and holy shit what a world of a difference.

However. Now, I want to upgrade my fx 6300 to a R5 chip, or a 7600k.

But now,  since I already have the SSD will I actually feel noticeable performance improvements while using Chrome, editing in Photoshop, compiling games, opening general programs, etc?

I know for gaming there will be a big difference, but am just not sure if everyday programs will become even more "snappier", if you will. I mean Photoshop opens within 2-3 seconds already. Will shit actually get even faster? Or will the i5 really only shine in gaming?

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

In short, Yes. I don't get any more micro stutter in OS. 

Magical Pineapples

the fx 6300 can be compareble to the first gen i7 920 so id say yes you would notice quite a difference single threaded apps and multithreaded apps 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

So I am still using my old fx 6300. I upgraded to a SSD last year and holy shit what a world of a difference.

However. Now, I want to upgrade my fx 6300 to a R5 chip, or a 7600k.

But now,  since I already have the SSD will I actually feel noticeable performance improvements while using Chrome, editing in Photoshop, compiling games, opening general programs, etc?

I know for gaming there will be a big difference, but am just not sure if everyday programs will become even more "snappier", if you will. I mean Photoshop opens within 2-3 seconds already. Will shit actually get even faster? Or will the i5 really only shine in gaming?

Considering your upgrading from a FX 6300, I would recommend waiting a few more days for Ryzen 5, all the leaked benchs of even the 1400 is very promising. But to more directly answer your question, yes you will notice an increase in performance in daily tasks. The overall OS will feel snappier, quicker and smooth.

Just now, glitchmaster0001 said:

the fx 6300 can be compareble to the first gen i7 920 so id say yes you would notice quite a difference single threaded apps and multithreaded apps 

I'm just so frugal that I'm not sure if I am ready to bite the bullet for the upgrade. Have to get new mobo and ddr4 :x

I mean if programs become even more snappier than this, I think it's a win win. I wonder if there are any benchmarks of the fx 6300 in cpu tasks compared to the newer i5s that show side by side comparisons of opening programs, etc. Just to see it

However with that said. I know for gaming it's a huge difference so I mean I cannot go wrong there!

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

2 minutes ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

I'm just so frugal that I'm not sure if I am ready to bite the bullet for the upgrade. Have to get new mobo and ddr4 :x

I mean if programs become even more snappier than this, I think it's a win win. I wonder if there are any benchmarks of the fx 6300 in cpu tasks compared to the newer i5s that show side by side comparisons of opening programs, etc. Just to see it

However with that said. I know for gaming it's a huge difference so I mean I cannot go wrong there!

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7600K-vs-AMD-FX-6300/3885vs1555

If you don't feel held back by your current system, then don't upgrade. Personally I feel you should only upgrade when you start feeling the limits of your current system. Also even if you don't go for Ryzen, I would wait for Ryzen 5 since based on the current leaked benchmarks, there is a good chance Intel will lower it's current price on i3s and i5s.

here, a direct comparison between the fx 6300 and the i5 7600k as well as the Ryzen 5 1600 as asked:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7600K-vs-AMD-FX-6300/3885vs1555

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-1600-vs-AMD-FX-6300/3919vs1555

It will definitely help for sure, and good luck with your build in the future!

its not going to be massive in day to day use but for games, photoshop and so on its going to make a pretty nice differance. i would wait for the R5 chips and benchmarks before putting down your money though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016