Bell System Replaced With Music?

Shpadee

Hey, all! So there's a teacher at my high school that's trying to replace the electronic bell that marks the end of our periods with music. Is there any way to automate this with songs on a playlist that changes for every bell and stop after a short time? Thanks!

There are literally hundreds of ways of automating such a thing as a school bell. You are gonna have to be more specific on requirements

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

I'm sure it's possible, but you'd have to look into the backend of what's controlling the bell. Ask someone who manages that sort of stuff first. You could probably do all the automation with a Raspberry Pi or Arduino.

You could use JavaScript to access Spotifys web API to play a random song from your playlist for X amount of time. It should be fairly simple. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

You could probably set up a raspberry pi to do this. Likely you would have to use an alarm application and make sure it is always keeping the right time. You could likely insert the music files as MP4s and link them to different alarms.  

if it's like my school you're gonna need a tonne of wire and speakers to replace every single bell with a speak to play music. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

8 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

if it's like my school you're gonna need a tonne of wire and speakers to replace every single bell with a speak to play music. 

OP could use the PA system for class bells. You don't necessarily need to replace any bells as they could be re purposed as emergency alarms.

An arduino, or rasberry pi and some means of feeding music into the PA system should suffice.

As for the code, if you're using the rasberry pi you can write a python script that will search through a specified folder for music, load a random file from that directory and play it for x amount of time every x number of minutes. you could even set a standard song or set of songs for certain bells as well depending on how you write the code.

The PA system would be connected to two pins on the rasberry pi and completing the circuit could in theory activate the PA system. If needed, you can also modify it to detect when a faculty member activates the PA system. This would require interrupting the music's audio feed to the PA system and switching over to the audio feed from the microphone.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.