F4DE by C4B12

I love this build, but I have one question. Why bother with a 460?

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

A small, sweet and good-looking Case/mod )=D

Thank you. That was my idea. :)

Errrrg, I love it so much! SFF PC's are just my favorite!

Oh mine too! I love SFF and mini-itx boards and cases. :)

I love this build, but I have one question. Why bother with a 460?

Thank you! What do you mean about the 460? Old card? Well I got it for almost nothing at Ebay and it still performs pretty well. The only games I play is Starcraft 2 and Dota 2, and thats not a problem. :)

Soo small nice job !

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

very clean build, i love it!!

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Soo small nice job !

very clean build, i love it!!

so much perfection in such a small case, well done xD

Thank you all! Im happy for all your nice comments. Come to Dreamhack and see it live!

Or visit my homepage for more of my projects - www.minimalisticpc.com

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

Im back and Im going to remake this build. What Im going to do is upgrade the hardware aswell as the watercooling gear. I will also go for the solid chrome copper tubing idea I had at the beginning.

The new hardware will be:
MB: MSI Z87I
CPU:Intel I5 4670K
GPU: Zotac GTX 760
RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinum
SSD: Samsung 840 120gb
PSU: Be-Quiet! Dark Power Pro P10 550W
CASE: Cubitek Mini Cube

I also want to take this opportunity to announce a new sponsor:

EKWB is sponsoring me with new watercooling gear for this build! Thank you!

wwyw.jpg

More updates will come soon!

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

amazing.

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

• 2 weeks later...

Im still waiting for all the watercooling gear from EKWB so I havent started modding yet, I need the radiator to start measure out things. I could give you some pictures of the new hardware I got though.

I got Be-Quiets silencing kit, cause Im going to make two sets of sidepanels, one with windows and one without and with silence mats on it instead.

5rsh.jpg

The MSI Z87I looks really good, black caps is awesome!

1vd7.jpg

This GTX 760 from Zotac is really cool to, really short cooler and it still fit a waterblock if needed.

rlqo.JPG

I also want to say thank you to Caseking.de for giving me awesome prices on this hardware!

presse.logo02.gif

I hope I could start give you real updates soon!

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

I finished Cold Winter a few weeks ago so now I can focus on this build again. I have received everything from EKWB and I started working on the mod today.

I will use a 240mm XT radiator from EK now and those are 47mm thick instead of 30mm as the old one from Alphacool I had. It was already hard to fit everything with that radiator so how could I fit a thicker one?

Well I started to look around for slim fans. I knew Scythe made 10mm thick fans but I havent had good memory of those so I kept looking, finally found Prolimatech's Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 which are 15mm thick, perfect!

I ordered some of those and they really are nice, performs like regular 25mm thick fans. But it wasnt enough there either, what I did today was to cut down the frame of the fan to be able to "integrate" the fans with the radiator. I let the images explain.

qx1q.jpg

zved.jpg

6pg2.jpg

grhv.jpg

As you see there is a clear difference between these fans integrated in the radiator and regular 25mm thick fans. This actually takes less space than the 30mm radiator and regular fans.

Many might think that this will totally ruin the performance of the fans. Well I removed the fan frame, but it was replaced by the frame of the radiator. I also tried it out and it still blows a lot of air through the rad, so dont worry!

Another thing I will do is to run the custom loop with chromed solid copper pipes, I had that idea from the beginning but not the knowledge, I still dont have the knowledge. :D But maybe some bigger "cojones".

I started experiment some with the pipes today.

9nw2.jpg

lv69.jpg

kdvc.jpg

What do you think?

I will keep working on this project as much as I can, I want to finish it because this will be my new main PC to use. Right now Im repainting the inside of the case and Im also waiting for a aluminium frame that will go around the window.

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

beautiful!

You are beautiful! ;)

Im almost finished with the repaint of the case, just the last layer of matt clearcoat left. This time I will be putting the case together with M3 screws instead of rivets, cause I like to have my cases modular if I have to take it apart again.

p5te.jpg

5gho.jpg

zh2j.jpg

y8wz.jpg

pc93.jpg

Im also going to change the casefeet on this case. The original ones is the regular plastic ones that many cases use, I will change them to some that are made out of aluminium by Fannblade. I love small details like this, just the thing that I know that the feet are handmade by a person on the other side of the world just for me makes the build more special for me.

And they sure look nice too!

eunt.jpg

iqoo.jpg

sb3k.jpg

Thats all for me today. Im waiting for two fans and a can of clearcoat, when the painting is done I will be assembling the case and start installing the hardware and keep experimenting with the copper pipes.

If you want more updates from me you can check out my facebook-page where I post things every day!

With kind regards

Johan Nyman

Minimalistic PC's

• 2 weeks later...

good call on the casefeet

Fannblade makes the best feet around :)

great work on the rad fans :wub:

He sure do! :)

Thank you Father!

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been very busy with a new job I landed so havent been modding much lately. Although, Im going on a vacation for one month in USA and I want to finish this project before that so I have some pictures of a almost ready casemod, want to see? :D

d19g.jpg

xvoa.jpg

dmhlu.jpg

I added some copper pipes to the build! On these pictures its not finished, just testing it out. But what do you think?

510g.jpg

vjb4r.jpg

6hao.jpg

I also added a windowframe to the sidepanel, made by E22, also thanks to HCP for the sketch. I think the windowframe fits perfectly together with the fangrill, what do you think?

Im working on finalizing the loop and installing everything else. As soon as thats done and the loop is filled I will start working on the final photos and post them for you here.

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

Hello everyone!

This project is finally finished, for the second time, as always with my projects. But now I feel really satisfied with the result. I will not talk anymore, except give a big thank you to my sponsors!

ki6q.jpg

Want to see the final pictures? Here you go.

wkuuu.jpg

c3ig.jpg

qvhf.jpg

yfrp.jpg

9x1i5.jpg

m8f2.jpg

nbgv.jpg

cc7vm.jpg

yuq2.jpg

1qny.jpg

b5hw.jpg

bhwl.jpg

Thank you for all your comments and everything! I will be back as soon as I can with another project! :)

With kind regards,
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's