3D Printer?

piemadd

I have been saving up for a 3d printer ever since i saw one 2 years ago. Since I now have $200, i wanted to know what the best 3d printer for it's value is. I don't need too much of a build area, but i would prefer higher quality. Any recommendations?

i like trains 🙂

you're not going to get a build, high quallity machine for that price, but the anet A8 kit is a good option if you don't mind putting in a weekends worth off assembly time. for 299$ you can get the cetus, a really good linear rail based machine. the cetus will just work out off the box, no tinkering or tweaking requiered.

btw, hows LFT going?

A guy in my local drone group bought a $300 i3 off monoprice and it prints surprisingly well out of the box. Just put a better hot end on there. 

ASU

The least expensive Anet A8 kit I found was at gear best, I rarely use affiliate links out of principle (like letting more money go to seedy China sellers is much better) and it's about $165 with shipping. The EU plug version goes on sale if you sign up for their emails but it's still $158.