which videocard to buy..??

acv159357n
Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
Just now, acv159357n said:

its a 2€ difference where i live, and the bright red doesn't really fit astaticly in my case ;)

both are great cards so either choice is good

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

yeah everyone underestimates just how much of a good deal that cpu is. you really only get into bottlenecks at high framerates which if you have your games on high setting at 1080p wont even be achievable until you get into the gtx 1070 range anyways. i mean the Pentium is going to be pretty much good until you get past the gtx 1060 and the rx 480. 

I'm not underestimating it's actually a really good CPU for the price however paring it with GPU'S that are just as powerful as a GTX 980 does not make any sense at all.  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

let me take a look at prices real quick 

i was thinking about the msi gaming x version since it has a backplate (which is a must for me since the case is VERY open) and its one of the cheeper ones. i would rather not have one of the compact versions

3 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I'm not underestimating it's actually a really good CPU for the price however paring it with GPU'S that are just as powerful as a GTX 980 does not make any sense at all.  

the benchmark chart brooksie359 showed us tells me ontherwise ;)

i was thinking about the msi gaming x version since it has a backplate (which is a must for me since the case is VERY open) and its one of the cheeper ones. i would rather not have one of the compact versions

i was just about to suggest either a cheaper compact one or the gaming x if you can afford a bit more expensive one xD

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

i was just about to suggest either a cheaper compact one or the gaming x if you can afford a bit more expensive one xD

hahaha marvelous. than i guess it will be the gaming x. either that or there is a less standard looking one for the prive available. thanks a lot for the help men!

1 minute ago, acv159357n said:

the benchmark chart brooksie359 showed us tells me ontherwise ;)

Watch this: 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Watch this: 

note how he was talking about something like the 1080, and not a upper-midrange card like the 1060.

2 minutes ago, acv159357n said:

note how he was talking about something like the 1080, and not a upper-midrange card like the 1060.

I know but you have £50 CPU and you are going to pair it with a £200 GPU. See my point now? do the math. 

زندگی از چراغ

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I know but you have £50 CPU and you are going to pair it with a £200. See my point now? do the math. 

the mistake you are making here is comparing price, not performance.  although price is most times a good indication, it is not in this case. the high clockspeed of 3.5Ghz and hyperthreading of the g4560 make up for its 2 cores up until a sertain point. although i understand and agree with you statement, it is not valid in this situation judging from multiple benchmarks

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I know but you have £50 CPU and you are going to pair it with a £200 GPU. See my point now? do the math. 

you are clearly missinformed. he was saying you don't want to pair a cheap cpu with an expensive gpu because that can lead to bottlenecking. not simply because the price difference between the components is too much. if you had looked at the benchmarks they cleary chow that the Pentium doesn't bottleneck the gtx 1060 that much so it doesn't create the issue that linus was talking about. 

1 minute ago, acv159357n said:

i think it will be this one https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/572983/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-windforce-oc-6g.html its just a bit more expancive than the gaming x and features a backplate with nice overall looks

i mean if that's what you want. but i would say the gaming x has a really nice cooler and will give you the same if not better performance as that card. 

i mean if that's what you want. but i would say the gaming x has a really nice cooler and will give you the same if not better performance as that card. 

its a 2€ difference where i live, and the bright red doesn't really fit astaticly in my case ;)

you have been a great help, thank you!