new to water cooling and need some help

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, TacticalBigBoss said:

-SNIP-

Welcome to the Forums!

That list looks good, I would personally recommend to go with the D5 pump, it's one of the best regarded units out there, and will be more than enough for a single CPU and GPU loop. However I would go with a tube res over the bay units as they are tricky to fill and bleed the loop. 

Also you have both clear and UV purple fluid selected. 

i am going to be building a new PC in a week or so, this is the first time i am going to set up a custom water loop and i was wondering what pump i needed and if i just need one or two, because i dont want to type everything out since i am at work and using remote access to control my pc from my phone i am going to just post screen shots i took the other day of all the stuff i got for my loop

screen shot from ekwb

screen shot from performance pcs 1

screen shot from performance pcs 2

and now the PC components

case: Corsair Obsidian 900D

cpu: Ryzen 7 1800X

mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero

gpu x2 evga gtx 1080 Ti

and one last thing i didnt get yet is the waterblocks for the gpu but thats also going to be part of the same loop

i want a pump that will move the water quickly between the system and if i need 2 for that then i dont mind i just need to know what is best in class for this, thanks !

1 minute ago, TacticalBigBoss said:

-SNIP-

Welcome to the Forums!

That list looks good, I would personally recommend to go with the D5 pump, it's one of the best regarded units out there, and will be more than enough for a single CPU and GPU loop. However I would go with a tube res over the bay units as they are tricky to fill and bleed the loop. 

I wasnt a fan of the XE Radiator. Little to no performance increase for a large increase in size. I would (and did) get the PE

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

20 minutes ago, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

ik the clear one came with everything else i got on eks website and its not a single gpu i am getting two ( x2 ) 1080 Ti, could you post a link for me if you have the time ? thanks in advance mate

3 minutes ago, TacticalBigBoss said:

ik the clear one came with everything else i got on eks website and its not a single gpu i am getting two ( x2 ) 1080 Ti, could you post a link for me if you have the time ? thanks in advance mate

If your getting a kit I would recommend to go for the P series they come with the good pump option. As for the GPU's it depends on the specific model of the GPU, EKWB has a configuator to ensure there are waterblocks for the card:

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

16 hours ago, Vigilante505 said:

I wasnt a fan of the XE Radiator. Little to no performance increase for a large increase in size. I would (and did) get the PE

what fans did you use ? i got 10 Noctua industrial in two different sizes to fit one of the radiators and the rest of the case

16 hours ago, W-L said:

If your getting a kit I would recommend to go for the P series they come with the good pump option. As for the GPU's it depends on the specific model of the GPU, EKWB has a configuator to ensure there are waterblocks for the card:

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

i will look into it thanks... also does it matter which one i get if i am going to just put a waterblock on them ? i am planning on overclocking now that i dont need to keep my AC on all year long with a tube running into my PC from the AC unit and a fan to bring the cool air in faster.. i was worried i would mess up on setting up my own loop but i want to do it this time around

here are the links.

http://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6696-KR

and

http://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6390-KR

i cant wait to have all of this set up.. i even went out and got two amazon link when they were under 10$ each that and the custom psu cables i got from cablemod for my amazon link i am going to try and make this the cleanest cable job i have done yet

*edit* i dont know if its worth waiting for the other card or just go with the base one

18 minutes ago, TacticalBigBoss said:

-SNIP-

Why are you using two different types of cards, it going to cause a problem with port locations if they are not exact same place since the aftermarket card is extra wide. There is current no block for the aftermarket cooler, there are blocks for the founders editions. 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=2264

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Why are you using two different types of cards, it going to cause a problem with port locations if they are not exact same place since the aftermarket card is extra wide. There is current no block for the aftermarket cooler, there are blocks for the founders editions. 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=2264

im not using two different type.. i am trying to pick between the two links i showed you.. once i decide i am going to buy two of the same one

22 minutes ago, TacticalBigBoss said:

im not using two different type.. i am trying to pick between the two links i showed you.. once i decide i am going to buy two of the same one

Ok, as of currently there isn't a block for the aftermarket card EVGA card so it may be a little bit before they come out.

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=2293

15 hours ago, TacticalBigBoss said:

what fans did you use ? i got 10 Noctua industrial in two different sizes to fit one of the radiators and the rest of the case

Im using some SP120 Corsairs in push. I average 25 idle and 45-55 when gaming

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

you'll find building the 900d it'll dwarf any components you install in it.

a single 480 can easily cool all your devices (CPU/2xGPU) and that'll leave the case pretty empty.

moving to a mid tower with 360 and 240 support can free up some of the 'vastness' the 900d will leave.