legit or not?

Technomancer__
Just now, EminentSun said:

Not that simple...

if say i get a code from kinguin and it doesn't work can i get refund

Yes and no. They are gray market, some things are legit and others are a scam. Personally, I have been scammed only once on G2A on a $3 game.

While some of the keys are just people selling the games they didn't want from a bundle. Others are credit card thiefs who buy a bunch of game codes and resell them.

i've used kinguin a number of times and i have always gotten my game at a discounted price...i will keep using them

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

oh and if you use the kinguin safety option its like a dollar or two i believe you will get the refund

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

1 minute ago, Ethocreeper said:

get refund

I beleive g2a does a thing where you pay a bit more and they'll cover a dead key, not sure about kinguin though.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Been fine for me on over 100 purchases. Be prepared tho to have everyone tell you they sell stolen keys.  What they won't tell you is it's a marketplace and you're just as likely to buy a stolen key or get scammed as you are buying something on Ebay.
Also be prepared to have a video shared that Lvlcap made, going on about how bad g2a is....even though he was sponsored by them and advertised them in his videos for years.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

G2a and Kinguin are shady af.I ussually buy stuff from bundlestars

My life

grey market sites are shady territory and actually terribly bad for game devs.

that being said, they don't always sell stolen keys and sometimes have warranty options.

if you want to have a clean conciense and a guaranteed legit game you should stick to steam or origin or uplay, etc

This Forum has a search function. You will find 1098783637 Threads about this Topic.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

grey market sites are shady territory and actually terribly bad for game devs.

False and Nonsense. Falsense so to speak,

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

20 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

Proof?

In my World the Accuser has to proof.

4 minutes ago, Praesi said:

In my World the Accuser has to proof.

Did you just pull a Trump on me?

Just shout "wrong!" Loud enough and proof isn't needed anymore?

Anyway, i personally had a copy of Sniper Elite get revoked because it turned out to be a stolen key.

Also:

https://unknownworlds.com/blog/beware-shady-key-resellers-and-discount-steam-keys/

And that's only one such case. Eventough you thought your key was legit, some time later it still turns out to be bought with a stolen credit card.

Things just don't add up most of the time.

16 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

Did you just pull a Trump on me?

Just shout "wrong!" Loud enough and proof isn't needed anymore?

Anyway, i personally had a copy of Sniper Elite get revoked because it turned out to be a stolen key.

Also:

https://unknownworlds.com/blog/beware-shady-key-resellers-and-discount-steam-keys/

And that's only one such case. Eventough you thought your key was legit, some time later it still turns out to be bought with a stolen credit card.

Things just don't add up most of the time.

Fairytales, like expected.

19 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

so show your proof then. the accuser needs to proof right? well you're accusing me now.

Just read your own link. Nothing more to say on that topic.

15 minutes ago, Praesi said:

so you don't have any? kinda makes your previous comments invalid if you ask me. come on man, you go around telling me i'm wrong and when i ask for clarification you just don't deliver other than 'read your own link?'

did you even read the link i provided? it's about a game company revoking bought keys because they where bought and resold with a fraudulent credit card. this means that third party resellers do not check the keys they are selling, and you have no guarantee that it wasn't fraudulent. so that is why grey market sites are shady territory, you have no idea what you are actually buying.

19 minutes ago, Praesi said:

honestly, at this point i would like for you to prove me wrong! those sites tend to be a lot cheaper, and if you can give me solid proof that they are 100% trustworthy, i would be thankfull, but you're not really helping here.

what i got from these is that the sites them selves are legit and some sellers are but some are not

31 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

what i got from these is that the sites them selves are legit and some sellers are but some are not

I bought tons of keys from Kinguin over the Years. There was not a single Key that didnt work. I always buy from Kinguin as seller tho. But the last Months Keys are way more expensive than they were bevore.