Questions about a Windows 10 Enterprise retail license listing

Delicieuxz

I came across this eBay listing for Windows 10 Enterprise retail license, and I'm wondering if it can actually work in the manner that the seller describes it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LICENZA-LICENSE-MICROSOFT-WINDOWS-10-Enterprise-Retail-1-key-20-computers-/232269436803?hash=item3614565783:g:k7oAAOSwWxNYxnie

They say it has no expiry, which is something I'm wondering about. I though Windows 10 Enterprise requires a monthly subscription fee. Is that maybe only for certain services within Enterprise? Like, if a person installs Enterprise, and doesn't have a subscription, do they lack access to Windows Update?

The listing also says "You have to use my provided ISO," which I'm also curious about. Why would that be? I'm wondering whether it is a clumsy translation, since the native language of the listing looks to me like it might be Spanish. If a particular ISO is required, I wonder why that is.

Also, does Windows 10 Enterprise have OEM and retail licenses, just like the other editions of Windows?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I contacted the seller and received a reply saying that these licenses work with Windows Update (so, no monthly subscription needed?), and the seller doesn't know whether a person can use an ISO downloaded from Microsoft or not.

The seller is Italian, and doesn't speak perfect English, but I think they're just offering an Enterprise ISO, even though the licenses will work with an ISO downloaded from Microsoft.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

32 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I came across this eBay listing for Windows 10 Enterprise retail license, and I'm wondering if it can actually work in the manner that the seller describes it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LICENZA-LICENSE-MICROSOFT-WINDOWS-10-Enterprise-Retail-1-key-20-computers-/232269436803?hash=item3614565783:g:k7oAAOSwWxNYxnie

They say it has no expiry, which is something I'm wondering about. I though Windows 10 Enterprise requires a monthly subscription fee. Is that maybe only for certain services within Enterprise? Like, if a person installs Enterprise, and doesn't have a subscription, do they lack access to Windows Update?

The listing also says "You have to use my provided ISO," which I'm also curious about. Why would that be? I'm wondering whether it is a clumsy translation, since the native language of the listing looks to me like it might be Spanish. If a particular ISO is required, I wonder why that is.

Also, does Windows 10 Enterprise have OEM and retail licenses, just like the other editions of Windows?

enterprise requires a special iso that comes with the key, it will not activate with any other iso

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

Windows 10 Enterprise is not available as a retail SKU.

I contacted Microsoft support and had a bunch of questions about Enterprise answered:

- Enterprise licenses exist as both OEM and retail, like other editions.

- The ISO can be downloaded through the Volume Service Licensing Centre: https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/Registration.aspx (or contact support for help with a download).

- Microsoft support can verify the authenticity and unused status of any Enterprise license.

- No subscription fee is required for any of Enterprise's normal Windows features. Subscription fees are only for extra cloud services.

1 hour ago, Windspeed36 said:

Windows 10 Enterprise is not available as a retail SKU.

The Microsoft support person told me otherwise. Though, I don't know that their answer was correct.

5 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I contacted Microsoft support and had a bunch of questions about Enterprise answered:

- Enterprise licenses exist as both OEM and retail, like other editions.

- The ISO can be downloaded through the Volume Service Licensing Centre: https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/Registration.aspx (or contact support for help with a download).

- Microsoft support can verify the authenticity and unused status of any Enterprise license.

- No subscription fee is required for any of Enterprise's normal Windows features. Subscription fees are only for extra cloud services.

The Microsoft support person told me otherwise. Though, I don't know that their answer was correct.

I work in the industry - we're a Microsoft partner as well as a Microsoft CSP and SPLA Solutions Partner :P

You can't buy enterprise as a retail SKU, only through certain VLSC & CSP channels. I don't believe (though I could be wrong) you can get it as an OEM

1 hour ago, Windspeed36 said:

I work in the industry - we're a Microsoft partner as well as a Microsoft CSP and SPLA Solutions Partner :P

You can't buy enterprise as a retail SKU, only through certain VLSC & CSP channels. I don't believe (though I could be wrong) you can get it as an OEM

OK, cool.

I bought one of these licenses, though I'm not planning to install it on any PCs any time soon. Do you think that the licenses being sold through that listing are unique to each buyer? The listing says each license can be installed on 20 PCs.

Microsoft support verified the Enterprise license I bought as being authentic, though I was told they could not verify for me whether the license was associated with any accounts other than my own.

22 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

OK, cool.

I bought one of these licenses, though I'm not planning to install it on any PCs any time soon. Do you think that the licenses being sold through that listing are unique to each buyer? The listing says each license can be installed on 20 PCs.

Microsoft support verified the Enterprise license I bought as being authentic, though I was told they could not verify for me whether the license was associated with any accounts other than my own.

They'll be VLSC MAK's - if you need the ISO's, I may be able to locate them. Just let me know which version.

Was this thread deleted over on hardforum? I got my Enterprise key and I'm downloading Enterprise build 1607 x64 from mega (seems like I can't get it from Microsoft without a MSDN subscription even though I registered my email).  I guess the days of registering your Hotmail email and getting Microsoft office 2013 for $10 and getting the download is over, lol....

Ok so guys, I assume the enterprise key I bought from that Italian/Spanish seller will work on Enterprise X64 build 1607 (January 2017?)

On 02/04/2017 at 0:41 AM, Falkentyne said:

Was this thread deleted over on hardforum? I got my Enterprise key and I'm downloading Enterprise build 1607 x64 from mega (seems like I can't get it from Microsoft without a MSDN subscription even though I registered my email).  I guess the days of registering your Hotmail email and getting Microsoft office 2013 for $10 and getting the download is over, lol....

Ok so guys, I assume the enterprise key I bought from that Italian/Spanish seller will work on Enterprise X64 build 1607 (January 2017?)

Yeah, the thread was mistaken for spam and removed. Regarding the ISO from the seller, I haven't tried it, and I assume they were offering it just because a person needs some sort of special business account with Microsoft to access it from their volume licensing website. I don't know whether Microsoft would just give you an ISO if you contact their support, but I would ask them, if I really needed it. If I get a hold of an ISO from a better source, I'll PM you.

I found a current Jan 2017 Enterprise iso on Mega.  Just took a bit of time on a google search.  Have it on my laptop, working fine.  Now that I found out how to disable Cortana and automatic updates, I might put it on my desktop later.