Power Supply for GTX 1070

arealsnek
2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Go for seasonic, you would trust your PC with a PSU with the name Superflower?????

Would you trust your PC with a PSU named "EVGA?" The EVGA G2 and P2 are based on Super Flower's Leadex Gold and Leadex Platinum.

1 minute ago, typographie said:

Would you trust your PC with a PSU named "EVGA?" The EVGA G2 and P2 are based on Super Flower's Leadex Gold and Leadex Platinum.

Interesting, still my point stands, warranty is probably better and I've heard things about both and Seasonic is always the better one.

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Interesting, still my point stands, warranty is probably better and I've heard things about both and Seasonic is always the better one.

In this case I'm more comfortable recommending the Seasonic unit I'm familiar with over an older and lesser known Super Flower unit, so it's not particularly useful to worry about which is the "better" company here. But that said, Super Flower is just lesser known because they market fewer products under their own name. I don't think they're clearly inferior to Seasonic when it comes to quality at the high-end.

I can't see any burn marks on my motherboard/gpu etc. I didn;t open the case btw.

5 minutes ago, arealsnek said:

I can't see any burn marks on my motherboard/gpu etc. I didn;t open the case btw.

Should be fine to open but I actually have no clue tbh

Thank god i think i'm good. The guy from my local pc store thing who mounted my new gpu and my old pc aswell told me that in the worst case the PSU will break and i'll have to buy another one. I guess i'm good.

1 hour ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Go for seasonic, you would trust your PC with a PSU with the name Superflower?????

Super Flower makes many of EVGA's units and makes several units that are far superior to the Seasonic S12. If you've heard of Seasonic surely you've heard of Super Flower, right?

Also, it's Super Flow-er, not Super Flower (as in the plant, say it like Super Blow-er) and the one linked to OP is better than a Seasonic S12.

2 hours ago, arealsnek said:

Well, yes i can spend even a little more than that(250-280ish RON). So, is the superflower 550W a good choice for my 1070? At that price + the sale right now it would be excellent an i could order it today.

Yes, buy that Super Flower.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, typographie said:

In this case I'm more comfortable recommending the Seasonic unit I'm familiar with over an older and lesser known Super Flower unit, so it's not particularly useful to worry about which is the "better" company here. But that said, Super Flower is just lesser known because they market fewer products under their own name. I don't think they're clearly inferior to Seasonic when it comes to quality at the high-end.

The Super Flower is most probably newer than the rather old group-regulated S12.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, arealsnek said:

Thank god i think i'm good. The guy from my local pc store thing who mounted my new gpu and my old pc aswell told me that in the worst case the PSU will break and i'll have to buy another one. I guess i'm good.

I think that guy is an idiot tbh...

that would be the best case when a PSU decides to break,

worst case is house fire, medium-worst case is loss of components.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

I don't think so.

Also, it didn't scurt-circuit or anything and there's no sign of burn marks on the motherboard/gpu etc.

I think i'm good

Due to their limited production, Super Flower lower-end PSUs are usually not manufactured by themselves but rather outsourced to another company - either HEC, RSY, or Sirtec. I believe the SF-550K12XP is an RSY one. It's a low-end, group-regulated design with 12KJ caps that doesn't really inspired confidence in longevity, and it has a low 12V rating (450w / 37.5A) for a 550w unit. IIRC, it looks similar to the XFX XT and Hydrance CT design (although I can't be 100% sure, as I only seen the design once 2 year or so ago). Since it's a design that I'm not familiar with and can't find a review for, I can't recommend it myself.

For your system, I would either recommend the Super Flower Golden Green HX 450w or Corsair CX450M for your system.

http://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/corsair/cx450m-80-plus-bronze-450w/

http://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/super-flower/golden-green-hx-sf-450p14xehx-450w/

Talking about PSU names - how can anyone trust a PSU named SuperNOVA???

I've always found it hilarious that they thought at the marketing department that it is a good name for a PSU :P

When it explodes, it's going to explode spectacularly!

6 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

What? Superflower manufacture some of the best power supplies on the market

CPU - i7-10700K, MB -MSI Z490 Gaming PlusRAM-Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz, GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO, PSU - EVGA 650w Supernova G2 80+ GoldStorage - Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB ,WD 3x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Cooler- Noctua NH-D15S, CASE Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

3 hours ago, igetaroundd said:

What? Superflower manufacture some of the best power supplies on the market

Ok Ok I'm sorry I have heard bad things about them. I was just going off that.