X99 motherboard for overclocking

I am thinking about buying a new motherboard for overclocking. I currently have a MSI X99A Raider and an 5920k CPU, but im having trouble getting it over 4.2GHz without pushing way to much volts.

I figured it would be a good idea to try a new motherboard, as this is probably one of the cheapest you can get.

I don't really care much about extra features, but an m.2 slot is a must. I have looked at MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon. Does anyone have any experience with that?

I was looking to buy something in the 300 dollar range.

Any recommendations?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Honestly: Don't. Even if you can overclock it further, what might be the gain? Another 200 Mhz under ideal conditions and top scorer in the silicon lottery. M.2 sure sounds nice, guess you already run a SSD, the performance increase ain't that superduper either.

Keep what you got, make some more mileage on it and save the money for the next generation of stuff.

With that being said, if you look to go all balls on an x99 board - here you go: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X99E_WSUSB_31/

Hmm, maybe I'll save my money for a new GPU insted. But then I'll wait for Vega.

What voltage are you at and what does it take to get to 4.3? Temps and CPU cooler?

The best boards for OC not in any order are

• Rampage V Extreme
  • OC Formula
  • Fatality X99M Killer
  • SOC Champion

mATX and Champion boards are good for memory OC as well.