Macbook uninstall java

How do i uninstall java on a Macbook? I tried uninstalling by following some guide that said "Delete JavaAppletPlugin.plugin" and i did. As you can see in the screenshot, it's still there and it bothers me.

Skjermbilde 2017-03-28 kl. 21.11.01.png

8 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

for most people in these forum its Chinese including me

what?

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

what?

ExactlyO.o

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

what?

most people use windows

most will know only one os

most of the guys here have windows and in general

its very different os

ok if someone gets it that haven't used it before it whould be easy to to basic functions but come on you would have to get used to it

1 minute ago, Ethocreeper said:

most people use windows

most will know only one os

most of the guys here have windows and in general

its very different os

ok if someone gets it that haven't used it before it whould be easy to to basic functions but come on you would have to get used to it

Im using windows secondary actually .... Only use  windows because its req to run Microsoft office. :(

4 minutes ago, Jarno. said:

I dont know much about Mac os x but since its basicly just linux under the hood i might still be able to help :P 

quick google found this : https://www.java.com/nl/download/help/mac_uninstall_java.xml 

are you familiar with terminal?

Yeah i tried using terminal to remove it but when it prompted me to type my password it wouldn't let me. Which is why i just tried deleting that file. 

It looks like Java is removed but Java still shows up in system preferences. Rough translation but it just says "Java could not be opened because it's not available".

Skjermbilde 2017-03-28 kl. 21.37.42.png

Just now, Snapzz3 said:

Yeah i tried using terminal to remove it but when it prompted me to type my password it wouldn't let me. Which is why i just tried deleting that file. 

It looks like Java is removed but Java still shows up in system preferences. Rough translation but it just says "Java could not be opened because it's not available".

reboot always solves your problems!

Just now, Snapzz3 said:

How do u mean " it wont let me" . its normal that your password isnt shown it won't even show *******. just type it blind and hit enter

16 hours ago, Jarno. said:

Im using windows secondary actually .... Only use  windows because its req to run Microsoft office. :(

you know you can run ms office on mac!!!

6 hours ago, Ethocreeper said:

you know you can run ms office on mac!!!

Not at linux (which im using)... still wonder why this is not possible since linux and mac are both based at Unix:dry:

I said earlier that i dont have mac os x but that im still be able to help since linux and mac are the same under the hood. (when you dont use the graphical interface)

1 hour ago, Jarno. said:

Not at linux (which im using)... still wonder why this is not possible since linux and mac are both based at Unix:dry:

I said earlier that i dont have mac os x but that im still be able to help since linux and mac are the same under the hood. (when you dont use the graphical interface)

you can use wine thats what i use to run windows programs

try it

1 minute ago, Ethocreeper said:

you can use wine thats what i use to run windows programs

try it

" you need windows xp or later to office 365"  install will start but install popup will just stop xD but we're going off topic again.