What's up with Ryzen motherboards?

There doesn't seem to be many available on the market right now and no news on availability.

I also haven't heard like ANYTHING about motherboards other than Asus's top of the line board and a few of Msi's boards.

I'm currently wanting to get Ryzen in the next week or so and been wanting to go with the ASRock fatal1ty board because it has wifi but I have absolutely no idea how the board is, if it's good, how the bios is, if ASRock is even updating the bios as much as Asus.

There's just so little information about these motherboards other than Asus's board.

Basically, AMD was so tight lipped regarding Ryzen info that mainboard and aftermarket cooling manufacturers couldn't have product ready.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Basically, AMD was so tight lipped regarding Ryzen info that mainboard and aftermarket cooling manufacturers couldn't have product ready.

Yeesh x-x I hope boards are available again soon I don't want to wait a super long time just for the motherboard :/

Just now, AdmiralMeowmix said:

Yeesh x-x I hope boards are available again soon I don't want to wait a super long time just for the motherboard :/

We'll probably see a healthy supply of Ryzen compatible AM4 boards once R5 hits, as they don't require different physical tolerances and are wired in the same fashion as the R7 and eventual R3. Hopefully, the big manufacturers will have most BIOS issues ironed out too.

Hell, there's an enthusiast shop near where I live, that seems to be very good about getting these types of products in a plentiful stock on day 1, and they have been able to get zilch as far as AM4/Ryzen is concerned.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I ordered my R7 1700 CPU yesterday but I'm holding off ordering the motherboard for another few weeks.

-KuJoe

They (AMD) also released the info needed to the mobo makers around the same time as z270 was so the mobo makers were busy making a ton of those and weren't really ready to make a large volume of AMD boards they didn't know if they could sell large numbers of (because AMD didn't say how many CPUs they'd have at launch).

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

Just now, Drak3 said:

We'll probably see a healthy supply of Ryzen compatible AM4 boards once R5 hits, as they don't require different physical tolerances and are wired in the same fashion as the R7 and eventual R3. Hopefully, the big manufacturers will have most BIOS issues ironed out too.

Hell, there's an enthusiast shop near where I live, that seems to be very good about getting these types of products in a plentiful stock on day 1, and they have been able to get zilch as far as AM4/Ryzen is concerned.

Wow I'm gettign my finaid on wednesday of this week seems like I might have to wait longer x-x

The Asrock X370 Taichi and X370 Gaming professional are almost the same board at the top of the Asrock tree with a dedicated BCLK chip,  60A mosfets and 12 phase VRM.

The main differences are the colour and the Gaming Professional board also has the 5Gb/s network adapter included. I read a spec sheet somewhere that said the ac Wifi may be a bit disappointing and be limited to the single channel 430Mb/s bandwith instead of the dual or triple channel cards that will do 867Mbs or 1.2Gbs

From what I am hearing, AMD's project management was terrible and they forgot to tell the motherboard manufacturers and the Cooling solution manufacturers anything much in the way of specific details to facilitate Bios development and Mounting hardware engineering until a couple of weeks before launch. Like all x370 motherboards they are still immature and being updated regularly but they seem to be providing the most carefree experience from all the manufacturers at this point in time. I have not heard of any asrock boards bricking themselves.

If you are buying this week and want AIO water cooling, the Cool-it sourced corsair units are the only ones around that use the top mount bracket that clips on the black plastic hooks near the socket so they are your only choice until the asetek mounts start shipping (H100i and H110i with the square block/pump)

1 minute ago, GTBTK said:

The Asrock X370 Taichi and X370 Gaming professional are almost the same board at the top of the Asrock tree with a dedicated BCLK chip,  60A mosfets and 12 phase VRM.

The main differences are the colour and the Gaming Professional board also has the 5Gb/s network adapter included. I read a spec sheet somewhere that said the ac Wifi may be a bit disappointing and be limited to the single channel 430Mb/s bandwith instead of the dual or triple channel cards that will do 867Mbs or 1.2Gbs

From what I am hearing, AMD's project management was terrible and they forgot to tell the motherboard manufacturers and the Cooling solution manufacturers anything much in the way of specific details to facilitate Bios development and Mounting hardware engineering until a couple of weeks before launch. Like all x370 motherboards they are still immature and being updated regularly but they seem to be providing the most carefree experience from all the manufacturers at this point in time. I have not heard of any asrock boards bricking themselves.

If you are buying this week and want AIO water cooling, the Cool-it sourced corsair units are the only ones around that use the top mount bracket that clips on the black plastic hooks near the socket so they are your only choice until the asetek mounts start shipping (H100i and H110i with the square block/pump)

I will be using air cooling (a macho x2 to be exact)

I might go with the Asus one just because so far it seems to most reliable or they're just really dang good at keeping their name up. I just have to hope it gets in stock soon.

11 minutes ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

I will be using air cooling (a macho x2 to be exact)

I might go with the Asus one just because so far it seems to most reliable or they're just really dang good at keeping their name up. I just have to hope it gets in stock soon.

Has Thermalright got AM4 mounting brackets for the Macho as yet?

CH6 has a reputation of spontaneously bricking itself at the moment. Asus are certainly doing the best marketing job by far and pumping out new bios updates every couple of days. I am sure that it will end up being stable but I dont think it is there yet. I like the CH6 board as well..

Gigabyte boards started out really well but have now started dying at random times are also doing strange things. Biostar bios is very limiting and as I said, Asrock is just going along with people using them and there do not seem to be many complaints or problems that I am aware of, I have heard the comment "It just works" on a few occasions.

I am not an ASrock fanboy and never owned an asrock board, they are certainly not as pretty as the Asus board, just telling you about my observations. I am thinking about the Asus CH6 myself, I just want it to grow up a bit more before I spend any money on it.

Just now, GTBTK said:

Has Thermalright got AM4 mounting brackets for the Macho as yet?

CH6 has a reputation of spontaneously bricking itself at the moment. Asus are certainly doing the best marketing job by far and pumping out new bios updates every couple of days. I am sure that it will end up being stable but I dont think it is there yet. I like the CH6 board as well..

Gigabyte boards started out really well but have now started dying at random times are also doing strange things. Biostar bios is very limiting and as I said, Asrock is just going along with people using them and there do not seem to be many complaints or problems that I am aware of, I have heard the comment "It just works" on a few occasions.

I am not an ASrock fanboy and never owned an asrock board, they are certainly not as pretty as the Asus board, just telling you about my observations. I am thinking about the Asus CH6 myself, I just want it to grow up a bit more before I spend any money on it.

Hope so I already bought it ;L on their site they say All their coolers are compatible so I would assume it is

Yea hopefully we see some kind of improvement in this whole motherboard market within the week.