What do you use to retrieve their silicon bending inserts from a multi bend?

What do you guys/gals do?

I screw a wood screw on one end and attach heavy fishing line to it.

SBT.thumb.jpg.a7071a008b826aaedefe536f7de4a402.jpg

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

I've got a 2ft insert and I've always been able to leave one end stuck out and I usually just pull it.  Sometimes it takes a twist or even some mildly soapy water

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

3 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

I've got a 2ft insert and I've always been able to leave one end stuck out and I usually just pull it.  Sometimes it takes a twist or even some mildly soapy water

Where do you buy a two foot section? I do the soapy water thing after the bending process if it's stubborn.

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

lube it

Before or after and with what?

8 minutes ago, Eddie Current said:

Where do you buy a two foot section?

Before or after and with what?

at ppcs it's sold by the foot so I just order a qty of 2 and they just cut a 2ft section instead of giving me 2-1ft inserts

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Just now, 0ld_Chicken said:

at ppcs it's sold by the foot so I just order a qty of 2 and they just cut a 2ft section instead of giving me 2-1ft inserts

Dammit man, I never noticed that. Thanks for the heads up!

5 minutes ago, Eddie Current said:

Dammit man, I never noticed that. Thanks for the heads up!

just thought, they might not all be that way, some are likely prepackaged.  I checked to see which one's I've bought since I know I have gotten at least 2 sizes that way

it was these 2-

• PrimoChilll 3/8" ID Rigid Tube Silicon Bending Insert Solid Cord
  • EK Silicon Bending Cord - 10mm

They'll usually note that it is sold by the foot in the description or notes

I bought mine from the nice guys at PPC

monsoon-1-2-id-silicon-bending-insert-1-foot-for-5-8-od-tube

Ill give PrimoChilll and EK a hard look when I order more.

8 minutes ago, Eddie Current said:

I bought mine from the nice guys at PPC

monsoon-1-2-id-silicon-bending-insert-1-foot-for-5-8-od-tube

Ill give PrimoChilll and EK a hard look when I order more.

that one doesn't actually say it, but in the Q&A they state that its sold by the foot

I saw the Q's but no A's :) "All product on this site noted as "sold by the foot" is always sold as one continuous length".