Any way to pair Gear 2 Neo with an iPhone 6

RADEON_GUY

So I had my old Neo lying around. I haven't used it in roughly a year since I sold my Note 4. Now I have an iPhone 6 and since the samsung gear app came out a few months ago, I thought I should give it a shot. It doesn't seem to recognize my watch though. So does anyone know any 3rd party app that might make this work?

1 minute ago, RADEON_GUY said:

So I had my old Neo lying around. I haven't used it in roughly a year since I sold my Note 4. Now I have an iPhone 6 and since the samsung gear app came out a few months ago, I thought I should give it a shot. It doesn't seem to recognize my watch though. So does anyone know any 3rd party app that might make this work?

No, since apple only allows apple products to sync on bluetooth, you can't

Cry over your iPhone..:P

-- BSOD : ( --

2 minutes ago, RADEON_GUY said:

You'll have to Jailbreak it though, then it'd work

Just now, Zackbare said:

You'll have to Jailbreak it though, then it'd work

I'm in. Is it more or less difficult than rooting an android phone? I've rooted my S4, Note 3 and Note 4, so I have some rooting experience but I'm kinda in the dark about jailbreaking

Just now, RADEON_GUY said:

I'm in. Is it more or less difficult than rooting an android phone? I've rooted my S4, Note 3 and Note 4, so I have some rooting experience but I'm kinda in the dark about jailbreaking

It's quite easy, It's same like getting cynnogen mode for iPhone. So, if you're on the latest ios, I'm afraid you can't.

Just type in your ios, and google jailbreak, then install it quite in a way as android rooting.

7 minutes ago, RADEON_GUY said:

I have the original Samsung watch and it needs to have customs ROM as far as im aware to be paired with an IPhone.

Just now, Zackbare said:

Just type in your ios, and google jailbreak, then install it quite in a way as android rooting.

Thanks. I'm not on the latest iOS though, so it shouldn't be a problem. I only update my phone when major updates are released :P

Thanks. I'm not on the latest iOS though, so it shouldn't be a problem. I only update my phone when major updates are released :P

which phone do you have? 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

which phone do you have? 

iPhone 6

why are you not on the latest ios? 

Cause I'm a badass /s (really I'm just too lazy to update.)

3 minutes ago, RADEON_GUY said:

Cause I'm a badass /s (really I'm just too lazy to update.)

how do you use the word lazy as a excuse? you just push to update, stupid is the word you are looking for. neo should pair easily with the latest IOS, download the app gear manager. 

how do you lazy? you just push to update, stupid is the word you are looking for. neo should pair easily with the latest IOS, download the app gear manager. 

1. My laziness knows no limits.

2. The gear manager only works with gear s devices. It's a gear 2 neo.

2 minutes ago, RADEON_GUY said:

1. My laziness knows no limits.

2. The gear manager only works with gear s devices. It's a gear 2 neo.

1- just plain stupid

2-  have to do bit of modding 

1- just plain stupid

2-  have to do bit of modding 

>calls me stupid for being sarcastic

>casually suggests tutorial from 2014

>calls me stupid for being sarcastic

>casually suggests tutorial from 2014

- stating a fact, you just bought it up 

- yes it might help watch the video before commenting

- stating a fact, you just bought it up 

- yes it might help watch the video before commenting

He used a note 3 to set it up *prior* to using it with an iPhone. I don't have a samsung phone right now (well, at least a working one).

He used a note 3 to set it up *prior* to using it with an iPhone. I don't have a samsung phone right now (well, at least a working one).

now you know that you can't pair it officially. use mods or get an apple watch. 

now you know that you can't pair it officially. use mods or get an apple watch. 

Well I will certainly mod it or try to somehow bring my battered S4 back to life so I can do the initial setup

Well I will certainly mod it or try to somehow bring my battered S4 back to life so I can do the initial setup

do you know what killed it? 

On 3/23/2017 at 8:59 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

do you know what killed it? 

Sorry I haven't replied until now. Short update though. My S4 was killed by, well, a drop and me messing around with the OS a bit too much. Now it's a bricked, cracked phone. Anyways, I decided not to root my iphone, instead I installed android wear on my gear 2 neo. Works perfectly fine, with the exception of not being able to install apps without using android studio on pc and getting the apps from github. Other than that, the watch works fine. The gyroscope, and even the heart and IR sensors work.