Best Fan. Most Quiet. Best Performance

Im deciding on the Rosewill Hyperborea and the Pure Wings 2. Both are 140mm fans but what I want to know is which performs best when quiet?

pure Wings 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, That Random Spork said:

I can (as its a non windowed case) but i dont want to pay 20 cdn for a single fan. Pc part picker prices btw

I don't know about the Rosewell but I've got a few 140 Pure wings and they are dead silent even at full speed.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Just now, That Random Spork said:

I can (as its a non windowed case) but i dont want to pay 20 cdn for a single fan. Pc part picker prices btw

yep they don't come cheap for a reason - they cost 16-20€ over here too and I'm only one country away here in europe :-)

12 hours ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

yep they don't come cheap for a reason - they cost 16-20€ over here too and I'm only one country away here in europe :-)

I mean like as the premium fan video says. Its only a slight decrease in temperature. But mini itx airflow is more important so. I guess the pure wings 2 fans are one of the better fans.

I have the PW2 as well, can confirm they are almost inaudible

Where are you using the fans?

Hyperboreas perform better if you need more static pressure like on a rad. PW2's are quieter. 

Any reason you're looking at these fans as opposed to any others?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Hyperboreas perform better if you need more static pressure like on a rad. PW2's are quieter. 

there quiet cheaper and have good cfm. More cfm is better right?

20 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Woah, woah, Rosewill Hyperboreas? Nope. That CFM is just ridicule low for that price point, as even Cooler Master's Masterfan Pro Airflow has more than that for the price. Also, static pressure. Pffff. Laughable if compared to that of DeepCool's TF120s.

Though being fair if I consider the RPM there not at all bad.

xD

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

3 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Woah, woah, Rosewill Hyperboreas? Nope. That CFM is just ridicule low for that price point, as even Cooler Master's Masterfan Pro Airflow has more than that for the price. Also, static pressure. Pffff. Laughable if compared to that of DeepCool's TF120s.

Though being fair if I consider the RPM there not at all bad.

On 3/22/2017 at 4:42 PM, That Random Spork said:

there quiet cheaper and have good cfm. More cfm is better right?

There's no regulation on how fan specs are measured. For the most part, they don't accurately reflect actual performance generally can't be directly compared unless you're getting the measurements from the same source. Look at benchmarks and in-depth reviews instead of manufacturer specs.

RPM is also arbitrary when performance and acoustics is what matters.

If you're not sure what to get, give us more details on where you're using the fans if you want more suggestions.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.